Author Topic: More Modifications  (Read 968 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
More Modifications
« on: April 19, 2002, 09:06:49 AM »
Well, I've added a few more of those modifications I've mentioned were coming:

One of them is probably quite obvious - the "Started by" column now lists the date and time along with the poster who started the topic.

Another may not be obvious unless you've been using the pop-up window feature of Advanced Instant Messaging - clicking on "OK" no longer opens a new browser window but instead opens AIM in the current browser window.
(I'm still working on picking out some files for AIM's sound option. That should be announced sometime soon.)

And another that may not be too obvious is that in the message windows I've increased the amount of space taken up by actual posts and decreased the amount of space taken up by posters' names, titles, stars, avatars, personal texts, etc. in the message windows so that when the time comes to post DS articles, slightly larger photos will be able to be displayed. (A problem I discovered today while I was trying to upload the first article on one of the Members Only boards [wink2])
I was also able to adjust the size of the preview window when posting or modifying a message. Previewing should now display a post the way it will look after it's submitted - which will make it a lot easier for Midnite and I (and any other members who may decided to share) when we actually get around to posting those articles. [lghy]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: More Modifications
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2002, 02:38:19 AM »
MB...uh, sorry to say, since you decreased the avatar/pic sizes, just for instance, I can't read YOUR motto....
(I haven't yet looked at anyone else's.)
Can you change it back?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2002, 08:32:59 PM »
just for instance, I can't read YOUR motto....
(I haven't yet looked at anyone else's.)
Can you change it back?

Patti, it's not going to be because of the reasons MB gave for making the change.  You might want to experiment with the screen resolution in your "Display- Settings".  It's easy to do and might be worth a try-- if you've never done it just check the Control Panel on your PC.  I use 800 x 600 to view the board and don't have a problem reading any of the text.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2002, 08:54:25 PM »
I'm completely puzzled as to why anyone's personal text wouldn't be displaying for you, Patti. The changes I made were so minimal, and everyone's personal text continues to display fine for me using both Netscape 6.2 and MSIE 6. I even shrunk my browser's width to below 500 pixels wide to see what that would do, and as you can see, everything was still displaying fine:

Whatever is happening would seem to be caused by something to do with the settings on your computer or within your browser. I'm not sure which or what it could be, but it probably is a good idea for you to try adjusting your monitor's display setting as Midnite suggested. [smlyb]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2002, 12:52:58 AM »
?!?
?!?
I checked Midnite...I'm at 800x600 ?!?
Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2002, 01:42:06 AM »
I checked Midnite...I'm at 800x600 ?!?
Patti

Yikes!

Ditto on the ?!?-- I can't think of what else it could be that's making these things unreadable for you.  :(