Author Topic: Another Dennis Patrick Sighting  (Read 150 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Another Dennis Patrick Sighting
« on: September 08, 2022, 06:34:16 AM »
He just turned up in tonight's "Alfred Hitchcock Presents."  I've seen it 1 or 2 previous times as they repeat them, but either didn't realize or just didn't remember that he was in it.  It's "The Last Escape" from Season 6, and Keenan Wynn is an escape artist and Dennis is his promoter. 
Josette

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: Another Dennis Patrick Sighting
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 12:01:17 AM »
I saw Mr. Patrick in an episode of “Quincy,  M.E.” the other day. In fact, I’ ve noticed many DS alumni on the Jack Klugman medical show: John Karlen as a US Marine drill sergeant, Lara Parker as a “working girl” Roger Davis as a (surprisingly) rather subdued and mellow medical doctor and KLS as the wife of a pro football player,, who may have given her a rather “unpleasant” social disease.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 03:23:48 PM »
At times you have to wonder if the casting directors for some shows were DS fans because a lot of DS actors appeared on their shows through their runs - not that we're complaining.  [ghost_nowink]

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 03:38:18 PM »
Yes, many of the DS actors have appeared in so many American tv shows; the late Dennis Patrick was very prolific, appearing on seemingly dozens of popular tv shows, like “Bonanza,” “The Fugitive,” “Dallas,” “Hawaii:5-0,” to name only a few.

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 08:08:52 PM »
Now that I have youtube on my new smart tv, I've discovered lots of shows I either have never seen or knew nothing about. One was a different and pretty cool show called Coronet Blue. It pre dated DS but didn't air for 2 years and had a pre DS alumni contingent. I just saw the episode with Dennis Patrick but other episodes had Mitch Ryan, Addison Powell, John Beal, House Jameson and even one episode was written by Art Wallace.

Another show I knew nothing about was For the People starring William Shatner. Sort of a BW early version of Law and Order.  And who do I see in the first episode ... Clarice Blackburn. Sy Thomashoff was a set designer and Ramse Mostoller was costume designer too. Small world.