Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0050  (Read 778 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0050
« on: July 24, 2021, 04:50:10 PM »
Robservations #50

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0050

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 06:35:38 PM »
This is one of my favorite episodes.  Windblown Carolyn and Vickie are high atop Widow’s Hill speaking of ghosts. And life. Carolyn wallows in ghostly legends and self pity, while Vickie tries to disbelieve in an older sisterly way.
Legends of a third death on Widow’s Hill give was to death written on Vickie’s mirror. She assumes David did it. Of course, he denies, but did he really do it? 
      Roger finally  comes home and he and Elizabeth display their sibling dynamic. She wants answers and he deflects.  He learns Vickie has tattled on him. 
      Carolyn misses her watch and she and Vickie go looking for it, but the find the much predicted death in a body at the rocky watery bottom of Widow’s Hill. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 08:09:59 PM »
Near perfect opening. Loved it. Sound effects, visual effects, Cobert, Widows (lol), closeups, outdoor footage. we get it all in the first 10 minutes. Great stuff.

"You don't care what happens to me, no one does!" ROFL

Vicki makes tea, more proof that she is Liz's daughter.

Great window scene between Liz & Carolyn. And later with Vicki. I mean that it was in the window. Classic DS. Liz is sending everyone running off to bed, lol.

Liz tells Vicki about the legend of Widows Hill. I think we heard that in an early ep from Sam. Liz is jumpy and barking. Liz & Roger duel in typical fashion. Like liar like son? David and Roger. Anyone believe David? We know Roger is lying.

We get to see 'mean' Vicki accost David over the word death written on her bedroom mirror.

More excitement in the form of a search for Carolyn's lost watch. Back on Widows Hill Vicki and Carolyn find something much more interesting - Bill Malloy, dead in the water (yet more outdoor footage!). Vicki screams and screams and screams and screams and screams. It's rather unnerving.

I won't sing any sad songs but it is too bad Malloy was bumped off. The show could have used another strong male lead. Good episode.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 12:05:03 AM »
I agree that this is a very good episode. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it sticks to the most basic element of the series - the Collins family (no outsiders in this one) and the strange estate on which they live.