Author Topic: Vampire "Convention"  (Read 180 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Vampire "Convention"
« on: May 31, 2022, 10:29:31 AM »
I just saw a brief story on the news about a new world record for a gathering of vampires!  In North Yorkshire, England 1,369 attended the event, setting the record - and it showed a lot of them in costume.  It was for the 125th anniversary of Bram Stoker's "Dracula."

When they got back to the news desk, one of the other reporters said, "Can I just say it’s a bit odd that it would happen during the day in the sunlight."  I actually laughed out loud.
Josette

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire "Convention"
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 03:04:18 PM »
Josette,

Watching that report on a group of vampire aficionados (?) together over there in England, did you, by chance, also spot KLS, seated there at a table, peddling her many books to those vespertilian fans?

Bob

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 07:33:00 AM »
Hee hee hee!! 
Josette

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 06:05:08 PM »
This thread reminded me of of an old movie I just saw on Amazon called The Vampire Happening from 1971.

Pia Degermark played an actress who inherited a Transylvania mansion. Unbeknownst to her, she inadvertently released a lookalike cousin who was a vampire. She reeked havoc with the neighbor village and Catholic church and ended up organizing a big vampire party at the house. Even the Dracula character flew in by helicopter and was given the name Christopher out of tribute to Christopher Lee. Mostly a comedy with lots of nudity, just a just a fun easy on the eyes vamp movie from the good ole days.