Author Topic: Yet Another Kathryn Leigh Scott Appearance  (Read 231 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Yet Another Kathryn Leigh Scott Appearance
« on: April 13, 2022, 11:18:01 PM »
Kathryn announced on her Facebook page that she will be appearing at Collector Fest in Wayne, New Jersey on Sunday June 26th. It's a one day event. No other guests are listed as yet.
supermegashow.com
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
Re: Yet Another Kathryn Leigh Scott Appearance
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 08:56:50 PM »
They've added a couple of other guests to the list. One is Kristy McNichol, who was quite well known for the TV series Family and the film Little Darlings. The other is Uncle Floyd Vivino. Floyd is somewhat of a New Jersey icon and has a slight DS connection. New Jersey Network programmed DS and Floyd as a hour of shows that were geared towards a specific audience. Floyd developed a cult following of his own that included David Bowie, John Lennon and The Ramones.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 02:31:14 AM »
Yes, Uncle Floyd is great, a veritable legend in the Garden State! Floyd was on various cable and uhf stations in the NYC greater area for well over twenty years. When Uncle Floyd was on New Jersey Network, the Garden State’s PBS station, his show would come on every night before NJN’s airing of “Dark Shadows.” I can’t remember if NJN aired just one or two episodes of DS each night, it’s 36 years ago.

NJN did start with Barnabas’s arrival at Collinwood, when a startled Mrs. Johnson answered the front door to find Barnabas sporting a hat (probably the only time we ever saw Mr. B. wearing a hat). NJN kept airing DS for several years up until episode number 1006, where 1970 PT Horace Gladstone confronted Cyrus Longworth, saying, “And, Cyrus Longworth is John Yaegar and John Yaegar!”

Unfortunately, NJN had a change in management, and the new general manager thought that DS was “beneath PBS’ dignity” and ordered DS off of NJN. This ticked off many viewers, who had donated money to NJN to specifically keep DS on the air until the the final 200 episodes or so of DS were broadcast. A subsequent class
action suit returned a great amount of that donated money back to the understandably outraged DS fans, effectively kicking that stuffy station general manager right in the “keester.”

I remember that Uncle Floyd had a friendly rivalry with DS, where his viewers would mail in posters to Uncle Floyd, depicting him “battling” Barnabas in various scenarios. Uncle Floyd also had a friendly “feud” with the actors on the original “Star Trek,” which aired everyday on Channel 11 opposite Uncle Floyd in NYC, with Uncle Floyd “battling” Captain Kirk and Mister Spock.

Uncle Floyd had a number of comedic sidekicks on his show, including “Mugsy,” “Looney” Skip Rooney and Scott Gordon, who, I believe, was active in the NYC Dark Festivals. In addition, Uncle Floyd has appeared in several films, such as “Good Morning, Vietnam,” starring the late Robin Williams and Forest Whitaker. And, Uncle Floyd is a regular at many of the comedy clubs in the tri-state area, including Uncle Vinnie’s Comedy Club in beautiful Point Pleasant, NJ.

Yes, Uncle Floyd is a true Renaissance man from the “great” state of New Jersey! Maybe Uncle Floyd and KLS will discuss possible entrepreneurial endeavors over lunch at either Holsten’s Ice Cream, Chocolate & Restaurant in Bloomfield, NJ (where Tony Soprano & family enjoyed Holsten’s delicious onion rings, possibly for the very last time) or at Pizza Land in North Arlington, NJ, just a stone’s throw from Satriale’s Pork Store in beautiful Kearny, NJ. I’ll bet that Maggie never enjoyed such epicurean delights at the Collinsport Inn Coffee Shop or even at Collinwood, as Ms. Evans will enjoy during her upcoming visit to the Garden State. Mangia, Maggie!  [Bunny Thumb Up]

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 03:49:58 AM »
I met Floyd once some years,at a convention in New Jersey. I had gone there to meet Traci Lords and Lydia Cornell and he just happened to be one of the other guests.
But I am good friends with Scott Gordon. He attended one of the 1990's conventions and even played Professor Stokes in one of the skits
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2022, 04:39:51 AM »
Lydia Cornell is an extremely attractive woman; I remember seeing her on “Too Close Fir Comfort” with the late, great Ted Knight.

As to Traci Lords, I suspect that the, late unlamented Rev. Gregory Trask would be shocked by her former on-screen performances.  [easter_shocked]  [easter_evil]

Uncle Floyd and Scott Gordon had some wonderful comedic moments together on their tv show. One time, Uncle Floyd, attired in his trademark hat and “slightly” loud sports coat, was singing and performing “Jingle Bells” on his piano. Every time Uncle Floyd was about to begin the second stanza of “Jingle Bells.” Scott, dressed like an oversized elf and carrying a beautifully decorated Christmas tree, would interrupt Uncle Floyd,
saying, “Uncle Floyd, look at my tree; it’s festively decorated with lights, tinsel and Christmas balls.”

A slightly annoyed Uncle Floyd agreed that the Christmas tree was, indeed, beautiful and proceeded to continue on with his performance of “Jingle Bells,” only to be interrupted by Scott once again, extolling the beauty of his Christmas tree.

This went on for several more minutes, until by then, a thoroughly disgusted Uncle Floyd said to the husky elf, “Hey, you, take your tree, your tinsel and your BALLS out of here!”

I tell you, not even the legendary comedy team of Lang & Clark could have done it any better than did the comedy team of Vivino & Gordon, true masters of mirth and mayhem!  [Jumping Bunny]