Author Topic: Arson at Carey Mansion  (Read 842 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Arson at Carey Mansion
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2024, 07:37:46 PM »
Do you think if this terrible act of arson actually did occur at Collinwood, would the Collinsport Police Department have bungled this criminal investigation as they did with just about every other criminal investigation they ever undertook?  [snow_huh]  [easter_rolleyes] [easter_grin] [easter_evil]

That's a rhetorical question, right?  [snow_wink] [easter_wink] [snow_cheesy] [easter_cheesy]

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2024, 02:02:21 AM »
Do you think if this terrible act of arson actually did occur at Collinwood, would the Collinsport Police Department have bungled this criminal investigation as they did with just about every other criminal investigation they ever undertook?  [snow_huh]  [easter_rolleyes] [easter_grin] [easter_evil]

That's a rhetorical question, right?  [snow_wink] [easter_wink] [snow_cheesy] [easter_cheesy]

All I’ll say is that I’m glad that it was the Newport, RI fire department that responded to this fire and NOT the Collinsport, ME fire department that responded to this conflagration.  [snow_rolleyes] [easter_rolleyes] [easter_wink] [easter_evil]

(Think the Todd Antique Shop and Collinwood in PT 1970.)  [easter_rolleyes] [snow_grin]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2024, 03:00:27 PM »
I've never really thought about it before, but yeah, the Collinsport Fire Department is just as inept as the Collinsport Police Department. Someone should go the the Town Council to demand some changes!!  [snow_wink] [easter_wink]

(And while we're listing the complete loss of property, let's not forget Worthington Hall in 1897...)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2024, 11:34:05 PM »
I guess that the McGruder Mansion, a/k/a ”Rose Cottage,” was too far out in the sticks for the Collinsport Fire Department to save that old dump in time?  [snow_huh] [easter_evil] [easter_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2024, 03:36:37 AM »
All this talk of fires has me wondering if we ever saw the fishing shack again in the present after it was set on fire during the Laura storyline? We definitely saw it during 1795/96 and I think again in 1840/41. But nothing comes to mind in the present...