Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0051  (Read 278 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0051
« on: September 04, 2021, 10:42:21 PM »
Robservations #51

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0051

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 09:46:31 PM »
Elizabeth and Roger discuss Malloy in the Drawing Room. The girls run in saying that they saw a dead man floating in the water at the foot of Widow’s Hill. Roger refuses to go look and suggests Matthew go. Elizabeth calls him.  A spooked Carolyn asks if she can bunk with Vickie.  It seems an odd choice. I’m guessing the censors wouldn’t let her say can I sleep in your room or with you. 
Elizabeth speaks one of the funniest lines so far when she tells Roger if she didn’t keep him in check he’d run the business in the ground. Matthew comes in acting odder than normal and says nothing there. Roger looks upset off to the side. Later Elizabeth asks Roger if he thinks Matthew lied.
Elizabeth goes to Matthew’s cottage and the go to look. At the Great House, Vickie goads Carolyn into going back out though the younger girl is reluctant. Elizabeth sees it’s a clump of seaweed that looks like a body.
They don’t show the body so we have to take her word.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 10:08:22 PM »
High drama. And comedy, I was on the floor and I am ashamed. Joan's hair was perfect. Pretty much every frame was perfect. Great episode.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 04:42:31 PM »
There's no need to be ashamed. I often laugh out loud at some of the character's quips/insults. I honestly believe the writers intended us to - especially when Liz and Roger are exchanging barbs...