Author Topic: Episode 197  (Read 194 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Episode 197
« on: April 25, 2021, 05:02:07 PM »
A few days ago I viewed DS episode 197 and was startled to see on the production slate that this was marked, and announced as, take TWO of this show. I can't recall having seen that in my current viewing which began with episode 123.

I wondered if this was a rare instance where the tape broke while they were taping. I noticed what seemed like an edit towards the end of the episode--I think it was a scene between Roger and Jason in the basement.

It's been funny watching these shows to recall that a lot of the stuff I've read about the series described the weeks immediately prior to the arrival of Barnabas as so abysmally slow and boring that the ratings were plummeting. Notwithstanding those repeated statements, my experience has been that the episodes of February and March of 1967 have proved to be among the most exciting I can ever recall seeing in any storyline of the show. Now I'm wondering whether it was true that the ABC network suits had issued an ultimatum to Curtis regarding the fate of the show. They were making some changes to their schedule around this period, so I suppose it is possible. But if it happened, it certainly wasn't because the show was somehow "boring."

G.