Author Topic: '06 Fest Question  (Read 2646 times)

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
'06 Fest Question
« on: March 04, 2006, 11:18:28 PM »
What time on Sunday do the fests usually draw to close?

I want to book my flight, but I'm not sure what time I should depart for home...
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: '06 Fest Question
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 12:31:54 AM »
The banquet is usually over by 11 if I recall. Sunday evening is usually spent with friends saying goodbye's. I always think Sunday is sad.
Teresa
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 12:40:19 AM »
The banquet is usually over by 11 if I recall. Sunday evening is usually spent with friends saying goodbye's. I always think Sunday is sad.

Would that be 11 PM?
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 02:28:24 AM »
More like 2 or 3 AM in the morning.  It depends on how the blender is working that evening.  Most of us leave on Monday morning.

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 03:28:39 AM »
Ah yes, I do remember a few years back leaving the hotel for an early (6:00am) flight out of White Plains. Prof.Stokes still wide awake in the lobby of the hotel in her dinner dress having a good ole time.
Teresa
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 04:26:09 PM »
More like 2 or 3 AM in the morning.  It depends on how the blender is working that evening.  Most of us leave on Monday morning.

Right ON Victoria!  LOL!  I don't know anyone that leaves before Monday morning, unless they live in the town where the Fest is, and even then....
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
  • The more I live the less I judge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 06:34:14 PM »
 Do any of the stars ever mingle with the fan's at these late night blender parties ?   Elmont...

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 10:47:52 PM »
Do any of the stars ever mingle with the fan's at these late night blender parties ?   Elmont...

In 2004 we had Denise Nickerson sharing some libations and sitting on a few laps.
LdyAnne

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 04:03:12 PM »
In 2004 we had Denise Nickerson sharing some libations and sitting on a few laps.

When they closed down one of the bars at the Tarrytown Marriot in 2004, she was heading for the other one when we invited her to come drink for FREE in our room.  However, she didn't seem to like what we had and didn't stay long.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 04:50:26 PM »
The discussion seems to be steering toward private behavior.  From the Forum Guidelines:

7. These boards are not forums for the spreading of gossip or innuendo, or the slandering of the DS actors' private lives. Comment on their public behavior, whether it be a personal appearance or in the course of some other form of public exposure (i.e. a talk show, Fest appearance, etc.) is perfectly acceptable, however.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 05:09:17 PM »
The discussion seems to be steering toward private behavior.  From the Forum Guidelines:

7. These boards are not forums for the spreading of gossip or innuendo, or the slandering of the DS actors' private lives. Comment on their public behavior, whether it be a personal appearance or in the course of some other form of public exposure (i.e. a talk show, Fest appearance, etc.) is perfectly acceptable, however.

Was this directed at me?   If so, I wasn't gossiping or spread inuendo.  She DID come to our room briefly, then left w/out having a drink, which is why she came up there in the first place (she was quite flattered we'd invited her in fact).  I also don't think I was slandering her, I merely mentioned something she did at the Tarrytown Fest.  If I'd said she was drunk, or said she WAS a drunk, that would have been slander.  I neither said she was drunk nor that she WAS a drunk, only that she had accepted an invitation from us to have a drink w/us for free rather than paying $10 or more for one at the overpriced hotel bar w/the super slow service, then left w/out having one.  She looked at the selection and said, VERY nicely and sweetly, "Thanks anyway guys.  You're great for inviting me though."  We had many different kinds of drinks, but maybe not one that suited her fancy (i.e. we didn't have Scotch and maybe she liked Scotch).   

I think Denise is AWESOME and would NEVER say anything damaging about her.  Scratching head.... [hdscrt] [idontknow]
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 06:07:23 PM »
I didn't accuse anyone of slander, and I didn't remove a thing.  I said it was becoming a discussion about private behavior, and the point of bringing up the guideline was to remind posters that discussions should be about the public behavior of the actors, i.e. on stage, at the Fest banquet, etc.  Slander (though it would be libel, but I digress ;)) isn't the issue, and you're right that the example you gave would be subject to removal.  I'm sorry you got the impression your comments had been judged as slanderous (libelous, whatever).  The Forum policy is that what happens in private stays in private.  :)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 07:50:53 PM »
I didn't accuse anyone of slander, and I didn't remove a thing.  I said it was becoming a discussion about private behavior, and the point of bringing up the guideline was to remind posters that discussions should be about the public behavior of the actors, i.e. on stage, at the Fest banquet, etc.  Slander (though it would be libel, but I digress ;)) isn't the issue, and you're right that the example you gave would be subject to removal.  I'm sorry you got the impression your comments had been judged as slanderous (libelous, whatever).  The Forum policy is that what happens in private stays in private.  :)

Okay, I get what you're saying.  ;)  I.E. what happens at the Fest, STAYS at the Fest!   >:D  But, to be honest, it really WAS sorta public, in the sense that we literally had about 50 ppl in the room (don't ask, LOL!).  Why we weren't tossed out for noise I'll NEVER know!   ;D

Anyway, I wasn't offended or anything, wasn't even sure it WAS referring to my post or if it was just one of those 'in general' references.  But wanted to 'state my case' as the saying goes in case it was.   ;)  BTW, I used the word 'slander' because that's what was the word used in the forum guideline snippet.  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 08:45:36 PM »
to be honest, it really WAS sorta public, in the sense that we literally had about 50 ppl in the room (don't ask, LOL!).

LOL

Well, I think it's difficult to know without asking if an actor has an expectation of privacy when they're outside of the official area during a public appearance.   If the same actor is on stage or in an autograph line there's no doubt, unlike a crowded bar, restaurant, lobby, or party ( ;)) .

BTW, I used the word 'slander' because that's what was the word used in the forum guideline snippet.  ;)

I totally understand.  We probably should consider changing it to "defaming," which applies to both.  :)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 09:06:15 PM »
We probably should consider changing it to "defaming," which applies to both.

Consider it done.  ;)