Poll

Which of these ladies do you feel is more captivating?

Roxanne Drew
5 (27.8%)
Daphne Harridge
6 (33.3%)
Victoria Winters (played by Alexandra Moltke)
7 (38.9%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: March 15, 2006, 03:46:03 PM

Author Topic: A few more DS lovelies  (Read 1079 times)

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
A few more DS lovelies
« on: March 01, 2006, 03:46:03 PM »
New ds poll.
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: A few more DS lovelies
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 05:52:55 PM »
Unless I'm misremembering, I believe Julia found Roxanne captivating, though that was more Angelique's fault.     Roxanne also found Barnabas in 1970 captivating, which means I guess that she's looked at death from both sides, now.   I voted for Roxanne.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 07:13:22 PM »
I always thought Roxanne was very attractive, in the '70s sort of way.  Daphne was great too, especially the first time we ever saw her and she had that old fashioned outfit on - she was positively stunning.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 08:14:23 PM »
I always thought Roxanne was very attractive, in the '70s sort of way.  Daphne was great too, especially the first time we ever saw her and she had that old fashioned outfit on - she was positively stunning.

I've always been of the opinion that Kate Jackson was the most attractive female on DS.  Granted, ALL the ladies, and the guys, were attractive, but Kate has something that no one else did, IMHO, and that's an "exotic" look about her.  Like a Native American perhaps.   8)  Even though I always wanted Bramwell and Catherine to reunite in 1841 PT, I thought that if Bramwell and Daphne had ever had a kid it would look stunning.   ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 01:41:32 AM »
it will come as no surprise to anyone here that despite her supposed "blandness" i find alexandra moltke as victoria winters to be mesmerizing. [love10]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 02:44:02 AM »
I think Alexandra Moltke and Kate Jackson were both pretty and I'm extremely jealous of their hair,  :)  but I voted for Victoria because overall, I'm partial to her character. I never found her "bland", just a character that, sadly, never gets the chance to grow. I missed her when Moltke left the show. Daphne is in a time period of the show that I don't care for.

I could barely tolerate Roxanne. She's right there with Amanda and Sabrina for me. Too annoying for me to find them captivating.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 05:36:00 AM »
VW, as played by AM, is the most attractive screen character I've ever seen. Period. It would have been interesting if she had been given the chance to grow, but I love her just the way she was, fom her first episode to her last... [9341]

::)
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 10:00:44 PM »
While I think Donna Wandrey is a very sweet woman and very nice to speak to at the festivals, I voted for Kate/Daphne for similar reasons to Buzz's. She has a very sweet beauty with a touch of the exotic in her eyes. While I think Alexandra is also very beautiful, and I know this will sound a little odd, she reminds me of my mother when I was very young and we watched the show together, so I'd be a little uncomfortably oedipal if I had chosen her. Now, I wish you had given me the choice of my favorite DS vixen, Julianka, who's appearences are far too brief.  [love10]
Michael

Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 12:33:49 AM »
I picked Roxanne.  While both Alexandra and Kate are lovely women, they just don't have that "spark" that Donna has.  Maybe it's her red hair?  I don't know, but I just enjoy Donna's scenes and wish she had been on the show more often.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 09:16:35 AM »
Roxanne had a nice jolt in her attitude.    The others were too two-dimensionally "nice".

Do a poll including characters played by Marie Wallace immediately.   I'd do it myself, but I choose to delegate.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor