Poll

Which of these ladies do you imagine is taller, Maggie or Angelique?

Maggie a bit taller than Angelique.
3 (30%)
Maggie and Angelique the same height.
1 (10%)
Angelique a bit taller than Maggie.
6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 03, 2006, 04:48:04 PM

Author Topic: Lovely DS ladies side by side  (Read 1359 times)

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Lovely DS ladies side by side
« on: February 21, 2006, 04:48:04 PM »
New poll.
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Lovely DS ladies side by side
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 01:06:35 AM »
"Imagine" is the key word.   Her personality makes her seem much taller, but she's probably no taller than Maggie at all.   Sometimes they also fool with camera angles to make a character seem taller than another.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 03:33:36 AM »
"Imagine" is the key word.   Her personality makes her seem much taller, but she's probably no taller than Maggie at all.   Sometimes they also fool with camera angles to make a character seem taller than another.

That seems to be the case in Dark Shadows. Camera angles on DS can be confusing. One character who appeared shorter than another character in the same room may then appear taller than the other when he or she walks over to another part of the room. Why that is  on DS I don't know. There was an example of that in the 1897 storyline when Julia and Angelique were in the rectory discussing plans to defeat Count Petofi.
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 01:43:40 PM »
2 or 3 times in the past Julia was referred to as that "tall woman" when she seemed to be the shortest character generally.   I keep thinking she must have had that written into her contract.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 03:59:34 PM »
I've wondered how tall Maggie (KLS) and Angelique (LP) actually are. KLS has said she's 5'7" in a recent interview, though reportedly had given 5'5" as her height when she did her Playboy interview when she was around eighteen.

As for LP, she's been listed as 5'5", 5' 5 1/2" in the IMDB.

One Fest goer described them both as being quite tall, around 5'7" or 5'8". And Maggie didn't seem to be but a hair shorter than Vicki, played by Alexandra Moltke who was reportedly 5'8".
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 05:49:15 PM »
Grayson Hall was 5'7", which  is considered tall for a woman.  BTW, guess who wrote those scripts with that "tall woman" descriptions (e.g. Roxanne using her psychic powers to find the imprisoned Julia in 1970PT)?  That's right- Sam Hall!!

The tallest actress on DS was probably Terry Crawford- 5'9" in stocking feet!  I should know, having seen her at numerous fests and she is quite impressive.  And if I'm not mistaken, Marie Wallace is about up there too heightwise....

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 08:17:08 PM »
Kathryn Leigh Scott often looked taller than GH onscreen (example, Episode 584 during Maggie's flashback of her and Dr. Hoffman walking together through Eagle Hill Cemetery). If GH was 5'7", than KLS would have been at least 5'7".

Marie Wallace from what I remember was 6'.

Grayson Hall was 5'7", which  is considered tall for a woman.
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 08:22:08 PM »
Roxanne (Donna Wandrey), also looked quite tall, somewhat taller than KLS, in the scene where she, PT Maggie, and Barnabas are meeting in the Old House while Roxanne is holding the scarf to get psychic impressions to find Julia.

The tallest actress on DS was probably Terry Crawford- 5'9" in stocking feet!  I should know, having seen her at numerous fests and she is quite impressive.  And if I'm not mistaken, Marie Wallace is about up there too heightwise....
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 09:13:11 PM »
Well, unless there's a photo of all "The Women of DS" standing around in their pantyhose, I think it's all going to be pretty much conjecture. :-
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 02:57:08 PM »
If we did have the definite 411 on how tall Maggie (KLS) and Angelique (LP) are respectively, there wouldn't be any room for conjecture, thus no reason for this poll.  :)

Well, unless there's a photo of all "The Women of DS" standing around in their pantyhose, I think it's all going to be pretty much conjecture. :-
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 02:38:32 AM »

you said it . .. GH is referred to in various documents as  5'7" and 5'6".  . her husband is quite tall >6' soo who knows. . .I've been to the doctor and the height estimate has varried a full 1 inch!

I think KLS seems a bit taller than LP but then again anyone over 5'4" seems tall to me.. .and i didn't examine their footwear.  :P
Julia99

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 02:53:17 AM »
perception is a funny thing.

because of angelique's stature she comes across as taller than maggie when in fact they are close in height.

i was very surprised to see how petite diana millay is when i met her in person.her powerful characterization of laura projects a much bigger person.

she's tiny.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.