Author Topic: ** A Quick Reminder **  (Read 7589 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
** A Quick Reminder **
« on: July 09, 2003, 05:57:21 AM »
Iron Bastard [diablo] here with a quick reminder:

Whenever exciting, sad, or tragic news and events take place in the world, it's a natural inclination to want to share it/them with friends and loved ones. However, some places are usually more appropriate for that sort of thing than others. And with that in mind, let's refresh our memories of what forum guideline #8 says:

"8. Off-topic posts are allowed but should be so labeled and should be kept to a minimum."

Probably the most significant phrase there is that off-topic posts "should be kept to a minimum." Lately, though, it seems as if a goodly amount of topics being posted to this board really have little relationship to DS.

Now, it's never a bad thing to stay apprised of current events, but might I suggest that the Calendar Events / Announcements boards and this forum aren't necessarily the place from which to do it. So, in the future, before you post a topic dealing with current events, please ask yourself, is what I'm about to post in some way related to DS (even if it's only marginally) or is a forum of another type/topic perhaps a better venue?

IB [diablo]

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:** A Quick Reminder **
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 12:21:32 AM »
Thanks MB for pointing that out.
          Love Anne :-*
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Accomplice_To_Cass

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2003, 06:51:43 PM »
Thanks for the quick reminder, I haven't been here for awhile so your post was very helpful.  :)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2003, 07:08:22 PM »
I haven't been here for awhile so your post was very helpful.  :)

Welcome back!

Accomplice_To_Cass

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2003, 09:05:36 PM »
Welcome back!

Thanks, I don't think many people will remember me, I really haven't posted that much, lol.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2003, 10:19:10 PM »
Thanks, I don't think many people will remember me, I really haven't posted that much, lol.

I remember you from when you were an accomplice to a certain dark haired witch.  [wink2]  And most recently Xena figured in your heart.  [b003]

We don't forget our cousins that easily, and we're always happy when one returns to the family.  [smlyg]

Accomplice_To_Cass

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2003, 10:35:06 PM »
I remember you from when you were an accomplice to a certain dark haired witch.  [wink2]  And most recently Xena figured in your heart.  [b003]

We don't forget our cousins that easily, and we're always happy when one returns to the family.  [smlyg]

I can't believe you remembered all those things, lol. And for the record, I never liked Xena I just decided to put her as my avatar and change my username. I was bored.  :D

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: ** A Quick Reminder **
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 07:06:06 PM »
To that poster from long ago:  Who's the witch?  I say that because I'm a Trask.

How about an Off-Topic forum?   i'd like that.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 07:16:49 PM »
To that poster from long ago:  Who's the witch?  I say that because I'm a Trask.

That poster is no longer a member and so she can't respond, but the "Cass" in "Accomplice_To_Cass" would be Cassandra.  ;)

How about an Off-Topic forum?

From Testing 1, 2, 3...:
...will there be an off topic section? I'd sometimes like to discuss non-DS related things with DS fans. ...

Unfortunately, the moderators pretty much have their hands full with the boards the forum currently has and there are no plans for the foreseeable future to add any new types, particularly off-topic boards which would be quite likely to generate many more posts in need of moderating.  (wink)  However, never say never. Who knows what the future might bring one day...

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 08:03:17 PM »
So, in the future, before you post a topic dealing with current events, please ask yourself, is what I'm about to post in some way related to DS (even if it's only marginally) or is a forum of another type/topic perhaps a better venue?

So, if I want to announce that a nuclear megabomb was exploded in Peoria, I should add, "And by the way, the guy who pushed the button had a second cousin twice removed who watched Dark Shadows until the Leviathan storyline turned her off," right?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 08:05:10 PM »
Not quite.  :P

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 10:17:07 PM »
Well, if Peoria goes, we'll hear about it in a couple of weeks anyway.