Author Topic: Airport 1975--Not Off Topic  (Read 226 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Airport 1975--Not Off Topic
« on: November 15, 2021, 02:59:37 AM »
I think that a lot of us have seen the very campy 1970's "disaster" movie where cross-eyed stewardess Karen Black has to land a huge airplane after a freak accident kills or disables the entire flight crew, including future DS actor Roy Thinnes. The movie is a source for a lot of the goofiness in Airplane, though Airport 1975 is not without its own laughs.
But look closely at the background players, specifically the other stewardesses. Not future Trapper John nurse, Christopher Norris. Pay close attention and you'll see Lara Parker! It's not much of a part. She doesn't have much to do. She does standard stewardess stuff early on and pretty much reacts the same way every one else does once the chaos hits.
Her character doesn't have a name, according to the imdb listing. Nor does she receive screen credit. She's not alone in that. Established performers like Bob Hastings, Judy Lewis and Virginia Gregg also go uncredited.
I know that Lara also went uncredited for her part as Mrs. David Banner in The Incredible Hulk. She gets a fair amount of screen time and is definitely recognizable. But I was completely unaware that she was in Airport 1975. I've never heard her mention it during any of the Q and A sessions at the festivals. I'm not sure that it's even on her resume. It's not a huge part. But it's a mainstream successful movie. I'm sure that there's a story to be told.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Airport 1975--Not Off Topic
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 04:23:47 AM »
I remember seeing the film back in the day, being surprised when she popped up on screen, and being even more surprised when her name never even showed up in the closing credits. And I thought that was particularly surprising because the film was made/in release during a time when she was having several high profile TV roles so it wasn't like she was an "unknown" in the industry. But a lot of things go into securing billing. So, like you say, I'm sure that there's a story to be told.

And far as the film being listed as one of her credits, I've seen it listed several times...