Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0038  (Read 359 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0038
« on: November 14, 2020, 05:06:02 PM »
Robservations #38

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0038

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 05:36:57 PM »
      It’s morning. Vickie is back in the cellar where Matthew confronts her. She lies again, claiming she is looking for books, but she continues to look towards the locked storeroom. Why does she think that there is someone locked in there as the sobbing is heard all through the house and would you really stay in a house that has someone locked in a storeroom?  Matthew believes it is Josette Collins. He says he feels all the spirits.
      Burke is is the diner when Carolyn comes in. He is reading Count of Monte Cristo. She draws the parallels.
She makes constant jabs about Vickie and Burke.
     Elizabeth tells Matt he must look a fool and be responsible for Roger’s accident. She then confronts Vickie in the cellar. Vickie uses the cover she is looking for Books for David.  Elizabeth says it’s the wind and heating pipes.
     Matt comes in the diner and says he will kill Burke if he brings trouble. A little late Matthew.
     Carolyn comes in. She admits she’s hears the sobbing also. Blames ghosts. She is more interested in when Burke finds the ring she purposely left so he will have to call her. 
     Elizabeth offers Vickie keys to storeroom, Vickie declines.  If there is someone in the room, shouldn’t they offer up prospects?  Roger’’s wife, Vickie’s or  Maggie’s Mother,  the Man Burke killed wife, A girlfriend of The missing stoddard husband? 

you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 05:22:03 PM »
There's no denying Thayer's acting ability. What a presence, what a force. Vicki and Matthew in the basement - what a great scene thanks to Thayer. I loved everything about it dialogue wise. And any basement scene is always so atmospheric. I love that set and pretty much any scene shot therein.

Burke & Carolyn - What is there to say? At least Carolyn is approaching her conquest a bit more maturely (but still naively), making it less awkward to watch. Whatever the case, Carolyn seems very sure of herself. Good dialogue and acting. I guess now that Burke isn't an attempted murderer Carolyn feels he is fair game. I don't know if she should be considering Vicki. I think Vicki played down the romantic angle when she talked to Carolyn about her dinner with Burke but I thought that Burke made it obvious that he was interested in Vicki when Carolyn questioned him about it. All is fair in love and war.

Liz & Matthew & Vicki - Matthew comes off looking much better than Liz. Good gravy, Thayer elevates every scene he's in. Liz's explanation to Vicki makes the most sense if you don't believe in spooks. I'm thinking of all the folks who've had and or led horrible existences in Collinwood. So many could be the ghost behind the crying. I did think that Liz's concern over what Roger might have said about the crying was odd. As if it were another secret she did not want discovered. I wonder if Vicki is going to let it go after giving up the chance Liz gave her to go into the store room? And I thought it odd that Liz would seem so overly relieved that Vicki turned her down. Perhaps Liz locked the door without ever having gone in. So even she wouldn't know what condition to expect the room to be in.

Burke & Matthew - Not sure of the purpose of this scene. To establish Matthew as a killer? Thayer's Matthew certainly seems more so than George's.

Not a bad episode by any means. It certainly gives a first time viewer a lot to think about. With so many mentions of ghosts lately, I have a feeling the Old House debut must be right around the corner. With the dawn of a new day I am happy to have Liz's old 'do back! Hating Vicki's clothes lately.