Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0039  (Read 381 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0039
« on: December 01, 2020, 02:46:24 PM »
Robservations #39

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0039

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 06:57:32 PM »
      Roger’s band aid is gone and much bigger stitches Grace his forehead, he foolishly goes to the Evan’s cottage where naturally Burke arrives for his sitting. Roger hides in the bedroom instead of going out the back door.
Elizabeth and Bill discuss business and he says Burke is looking into the business and loans. Ned calls and Elizabeth lights up. She wants him to return. Apparently, she never wanted to see him again when he left after 15 years.
     Sam tells Roger there is a  letter he wrote about the Burke incidents and Roger leaves foiled again. Sam will stay in Collinsport.  Malloy shows up catching Roger at Sams. I wonder how Roger ever came up with the plan to frame Burke? He is so clueless and easily rattled into rash actions 10 years later. How did he hold it together then.  I would guess his wife ran the show much as his sister does.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 05:36:36 PM »
OMGosh, Roger's stitches look like the skeleton of a small fish! I suppose it's another instance of exaggeration for the small screen. It looks totally fake on my big screen. Love seeing Roger panic, lol, as when Sam notes Devlin just pulled up the drive way. So, there's a driveway.

Sam and Roger's conversation was much more exciting (and interesting) than Sam and Burke's. I totally agree that it is foolish of Roger to come to Sam's place.

This is the episode that made me dislike the Bill Malloy character. I remembered it as soon as I heard him tell Burke that if he left town he would do his best to clear his name. As I recall, he gets really obnoxious from here on in. I don't know why I would be upset about that, I certainly shouldn't like Roger and feel bad for him (or Sam for that matter). And I like Burke. I guess it's hard to forget everything I already know.

It's the little things like Liz being worried about her employees losing there jobs due to modernization that make Liz my favorite character. I totally agree that Liz lit up like a Christmas tree when Ned called. I guess he is quite the business man. Liz is one or two steps ahead of Bill Malloy regarding Burke asking Ned to return to deal with him for her. And how about that long pause from Bennett? Maybe the longest in DS history, or does that honor go to Bathia Mapes, lol.

Roger threatens Sam and Sam threatens Roger (with the letter) so it looks like we have a stalemate. Bill Malloy wastes no time being obnoxious by just letting himself into Sam's. Good for us though as things are about to get desperate for Sam and Roger and exciting for us!

Middle of the road episode. I guess the biggest deal is Bill entering into the Burke/Roger war. He really gets the ball rolling when he singles out Roger to Burke as someone he has no intentions on protecting.