Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0035  (Read 424 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0035
« on: August 08, 2020, 02:42:34 PM »
Robservations #35

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0035

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 05:19:07 PM »
 [Were_Vamp] Joe calls Carolyn and rats out Vickie is up in Burke’s room. I guess he is shocked in 1966 standards Nd he is probably right. This of course upsets Carolyn.
Sam Evan now played by David Ford unfortunately.
Carolyn is in a tizzzy and she and David get into a huge argument. Carolyn comes across as very immature and David manipulative. He is using his get rid of Vickie agenda and Carolyn falls for it.
Vickie leaves without eating his steaks telling him she wasn’t hungry.
Sam comes to the diner looking for Maggie who is on an errand. Sam goes to Burke’s room. He is trying to get out of painting the portrait.
Vickie returns to the house and says she is hungry  for dinner.
Pop is already teleprompter bound.
Carolyn apologizes to Vickie for her overreaction to her seeing Burke. David is at the drawing room doors staring back at Vickie and saying she will be sorry she came.   
The hardest part of the episode is Carolyn and her reaction to Burke. She barely knows him and it’s hard to buy.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 09:22:27 PM »
The opening voiceover would have been fabulous if read by Grayson Hall.

I guess it was too much to expect of Joe not to mention Vicki being at Burke's. Disappointing though. I guess Joe is as flawed as the rest of humanity.

David sure is a main character right now. I keep wondering if a child has ever been so central a character in a soap. I really wish he would have jumped out of his bedroom window.

Vicki's good disposition must be what is keeping her from jumping out a window.  I think Carolyn summed it up pretty well - she can't feel very welcome or secure (or safe for that matter) there. I wonder when the last time is we hear someone warn Vicki to leave?

All the Sam stuff was pretty boring with both Joe and Burke. The first Joe scene gave a giggle or two and the Burke scene was only worth Burke confronting him about his connection with Roger - but still kinda blah. The second scene with Joe just made me think that it was written for Mark Allen, not David Ford (which makes perfect sense of course).

I'm glad Carolyn didn't hold a grudge (this time, lol). I'm starting to feel sorry for her.

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 07:20:42 PM »
Oh, and has anyone noticed the foyer table keeps getting moved? In some episodes it's practically in front of the drawing room doors and in others it is closer to the door under the landing? I thought I was crazy at first (thinking it was the camera angle) but now I am sure of it.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 05:55:25 AM »
Yes, it’s constantly moved.  It must be some of the heavy work Matthew does.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 05:25:13 PM »
Indeed, lol!