Author Topic: 8 of Your Favorite Soap Operas of All Time  (Read 388 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
8 of Your Favorite Soap Operas of All Time
« on: June 20, 2020, 11:39:00 PM »
8 of Your Favorite Soap Operas of All Time

At one time or another I watched 7 of the 8...

I would have probably watched the other when DS stars like Joel Crothers and Clarice Blackburn were on it, but it was on at a time when I was at school...

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 8 of Your Favorite Soap Operas of All Time
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 12:06:37 AM »
Thanks for posting this, MB. Interesting read. I remember one summer (after 8th or 9th grade) being hooked on The Young & the Restless, particularly interested in the Greg and Gwen storyline. I was quite disappointed sometime later after school started (and I couldn't watch anymore) hearing that Greg and Gwen split up because he found out she had been a prostitute.

Another soap I watched an earlier summer was Where the Heart Is. I can't remember what the storyline was, but I watched avidly.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: 8 of Your Favorite Soap Operas of All Time
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 04:38:38 AM »
I watched all of the soaps mentioned at one time or another. I tuned into Secret Storm to watch Joel Crothers but Ken Stevens was a pretty bland character. Far less interesting than Joe Haskell but the character was featured more. I missed Clarice Blackburn on Storm but I did catch Diana Millay as Kitty Styles. Unlike Laura who was trying to get her kids to go away with her, Kitty was looking for someone to take her kid off her hands.
I did watch Where The Heart Is when I was home from school. Clarice was on that show too.She played Smy Snowden and it was one of the few roles that she played where she didn't wear a wig. Lisa Richards was one of several actresses to play Vicku Hathaway. I think that Geoffrey Scott was also on the show.
Fade Away and Radiate