Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0028  (Read 401 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0028
« on: June 09, 2020, 05:48:12 PM »
Robservations #28

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0028

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 07:17:10 PM »
Another town episode.  Burke goes to police and berates the constable for searching his room. In the he comes Out and reveals his true intentions and he was in last episode berating Bronson for not being secretive.
David and Maggie are in the cafe and she realizes he is on his own so secretly calls Roger who shows up and David is gone. Burke comes in and he can Roger spar as usual. Maggie questions Burke and Roger separately about Sam.  When everyone is out of the cafe, David emerges from the Phone booth for the dramatic ending.
KLS seemed to have found the essence of Maggie in this episode. I could feel empathy with her concern for Pop and her interaction with David was compassionate.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 07:16:03 PM »
A rare live shot of Collinwood at dusk opens this episode.

My questions have been answered. David may have gotten into Burke's room, though I am not sure of that, but we know know he hasn't planted the valve because Carter didn't find it. And Maggie does report to Roger that David is in town.

I was laughing to myself that in a few years (?) David will get back at Maggie for her betrayal today. I do think Maggie should have thought to look in the phone booth, especially with the door being closed. And the overhead light should have come on but I guess not today.

I'll pass on those sloppy ice cream sundaes! I guess the studio lights did a number on the ice cream. And we see the blooper of Louis behind the lobby doors warming up for his upcoming scene.

I wasn't particularly engrossed in any of the scenes involving Carter, Devlin or Roger. Though I enjoyed Roger (and Burke for that matter) finding out David was caught in (or sneaking into) Burke's room. I enjoy seeing Roger taken aback. And though it did him no good admitting it, I was happy to hear Burke say he wouldn't be railroaded twice by the Collins family.

Maggie gets her first break in trying to find out Sam's connection to Burke and Roger. She's got Burke interested in finding out too.