Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118742 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1500 on: March 14, 2023, 05:24:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1198 (1841PT) - Julia - 'We MUST get rid of the body, Flora. Now.'

From "#1197/1198: Robservations 12/08/03: The End of 1840/41RT"
1841PT - No one must know, says Julia quietly.  Everyone will, objects Flora.  Not if we're clever, says Julia.  First poor Stella, now this stranger! laments Flora.  Shush, says Julia, someone is in the hall. What will we do? asks Flora.  Julia opens the doors to checks, returns to Flora and says, we must get id of the body--now.  The two women get down to the task.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

Today's quote and image are awesome. Classic.

Indeed!  [easter_wink]

I wonder if there are as many bodies buried in the woods in PT as there are in RT?  [easter_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: March 15, 2023, 05:44:52 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #46 (1966) - Roger - 'If you're anxious to meet an artist, why MUST it be Sam Evans? There are four or five others in the vicinity.'

From "#0045/0046: Robservations 06/19/01: Fateful Meeting at the Cannery"
Drawing room, Collinwood - Not that I know Evans well, says Roger, he has a reputation in town--I think you ought to be aware of it. Vicki, sitting in a chair, says all right, he drinks too much--what else? I don't think you understand, insists Roger, when Evans drinks, he gets ugly--he, how shall I say, is not the most pleasant person to be around. Then I'll have to take my chances, says Vicki. Don't you see, I'm trying to help you, says Roger--if you're anxious to meet an artist, why must it be Sam Evans?--there are three or four others in the vicinity. None of whose daughters have invited me to dinner, points out Vicki. I think something can be arranged, says Roger. But that's silly, says Vicki--I'm still a stranger here, and I've found someone friendly enough to invite me to her house--why should I turn her down and then go looking for someone else? Because I'd prefer it, says Roger--as long as you're a member of our household, any associations you make reflect on us. Then I won't tell anyone where I'm from, says Vicki. Don't be rude, says Roger, annoyed. Vicki rises and apologizes if she was rude--but I do think it's a little ridiculous--I mean it--all this fuss over a simple dinner invitation--unless there's some other reason you don't want me to meet Sam Evans.
[/spoiler]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: March 15, 2023, 06:11:48 PM »
Gorgeous shot of the duel, MB. Their facial expressions pretty much tell the story, and doesn't Anthony George look fancy in his final episode?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: March 16, 2023, 12:46:07 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #243 (1967) - Dr. Woodard - 'All I want to be sure of is that you're not suffering from the same thing. That's why I think that an examination is absolutely necessary. Now surely you MUST understand that.'

From "#0243/0244: Robservations 11/13/01: A Proposal"
Woodard comes to the Old House wanting to examine Willie and take a sample of his blood.
Mr. Loomis can't allow that, of course, and went into wild-eyed insistences that it was impossible. Even after Dave said he and Maggie could be suffering from the same serious blood disease, Willie refuses to cooperate.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations is during the period where's there's little detail so the quote is barely referenced but at least the circumstances sort of are. However, how things progress to the quote and a bit beyond is that despite Willie trying to close the door on him, Dr. Woodard pushes his way into the foyer as Willie pleads that Dr. Woodard has to go away. Dr. Woodard questions why and Willie says he didn't call him and he doesn't need a doctor. But Dr. Woodard points out that he's already been consulted and says that all he wants to do is reexamine Willie's wounds and make sure they're healing properly. Willie protests that honestly he's fine, but Dr. Woodard warns that he may not be as well as he thinks he is. Willie asks why he says that and is informed that it's because there's another patient whose symptoms greatly resemble Willie's and she's suffering from a very strange blood disorder. Dr. Woodard doesn't want to alarm him but he thinks he ought to examine Willie again. Willie asks who he's talking about, and after Dr. Woodard says it's Maggie Evans, Willie gets a pained expression on his face and turns his head away. As Dr. Woodard opens his bag and removes a needle, he delivers the quote. After Willie says that he doesn't know if he understands, Dr Woodard says that of course he understands and surely he doesn't want to be sick. When Willie says no, Dr. Woodard reaches out for Willie to give him his hand so that he can take a small sample of blood. However, Willie forcefully says, "No!" and pulls away into the drawing room and insists he doesn't want to be examined because he feels fine. Dr. Woodard starts to say that possibly he is but gets cut off by Willie's reiterated insistence that he doesn't want to be examined because he feels fine. Dr Woodard again tries to say that Willie may feel fine but again Willie cuts him off. "I told ya. I don't want an examination and I don't need an examination so go away!" To that Dr. Woodard says that he doesn't understand Willie's attitude at all...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: March 17, 2023, 05:26:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #384 (1795) - Jeremiah - 'You MUST believe that in all these years, I never lied to you until this. And that lie made me a stranger, even to myself.'

From "#0384/0385: Robservations 03/06/02: Family Blood is Spilled"
Woods - Barnabas and Jeremiah stand back to back, discussing the Duel Rules. Ten paces, turn, count to three, fire. Jeremiah tells Barnabas he never lied to him, and this one lie made them strangers. Then it's a stranger he will kill, vows Barnabas, face stony. They count the paces (I don't think they made 10, the set wasn't large enough), turn, count to three--but only Barnabas fires.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the actual quote but it does reference the quote's circumstances quite nicely...

And this is the fifth quote from this ep.  The first (Barnabas - 'You MUST have hated me all your life') was back on of July 4th of 2020, the second (Jeremiah - 'No, Josette-- you MUST stay out of this') was back on April 25th of 2021, the third (Josette - 'You MUST stop him, Papa!') was back on December 4th of 2021, and the fourth (Josette - 'Jeremiah, if you MUST be punished, so MUST I') was back on April 24th.

And this ep now shares the [milestone] of a fifth quote with Eps #42, #208, #211, #300, #377, #449, #466, #646, #678, #709, #727, #977, #993, #1057 & #1111. However, recall that there's an even bigger because Eps #727 & #993 have six quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: March 17, 2023, 05:34:17 PM »
Gorgeous shot of the duel, MB. Their facial expressions pretty much tell the story, and doesn't Anthony George look fancy in his final episode?

Thanks - yes, that screen capture came out really nice.

But remember, I wouldn't have been able to get that capture if it wasn't for you picking out such a good quote, so you definitely share in how good a screen capture it is.  [easter_smiley]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: March 18, 2023, 12:26:03 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #487 (1968) - Prof. Stokes - 'You MUST care a great deal about the person you're trying to save.'

From "#0487/0488: Robservations 05/17/02: Desperate Measures"
She describes her terrifying dream, then tells him others have had it, and it goes one step further with each dreamer. It started with Maggie, then Jeff, and there's a terrible compulsion to tell the next person about the dream. Then it went to Dr. Lang, with whom it went one step further, and then Julia herself had the dream last night. Stokes finds this interesting.
It makes sense to him--he's read of a Dream Curse. The objects of the curse are the instruments through which the curse was carried out. The curse usually ends in sudden death, which is what Julia feared he was going to say. He asks her to describe the dream to him, but she fears doing so, afraid he'll have it. She explains that Mrs. Johnson is next in line, and she feels she'll go mad if she doesn't tell her, but she wants to stop the dream. He asks if Mrs. Johnson is the object of the curse, and Julia says no, she thinks she knows who, but can't tell Mrs. Johnson. She's trying to save someone, suggests Stokes, someone she cares a great deal about. Julia admits this, her face going soft. I don't know if I can save him, she cries.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the actual quote but, once again, it does reference the quote's circumstances quite nicely...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: March 19, 2023, 03:52:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #728 (1897) - Edward - 'Now we will talk later, dear. I MUST think now, and do something about finding Jamison.'

From "Robservations 11/15/02 - #728/729 - Quentin Seeks Jenny--and Beth"
We like Collinwood, and Rachel, she's so nice, protests Nora. I like Rachel, too, says Edward, try to understand my reasons. She begins to cry, saying, if we are sent away, I'll just DIE! Edward, upset, assures her that after dinner, the three of us will sit down and I'll tell you about the school. No good, she says, because Jamison isn't here anymore, he ran away last night, saying Trask was cruel and mean to him and would rather die than go to the school. Edward is horrified--I thought you'd like the idea of the school! Nora clings to him and begs him to let them stay at Collinwood, please! I need to think and find Jamison, he tells her, run along and play.
[/spoiler]

Once again the Robservations doesn't reference the actual quote, but it does reference the quote's circumstances quite nicely...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'Edward, she's your wife. Now surely you MUST be curious as to what became of her when she followed me out of this house and halfway around the world') was back on September 24th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: March 20, 2023, 05:14:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #901 (1969) - Barnabas - 'We think of everything, Mr. Stoddard. We MUST.'

From "Robservations 4/21/03 - #901-902 -Carolyn Hears THE Breathing; Liz Follows David"
when you do leave, you will find yourself more successful than you've ever been. I don't want that again, insists Paul. You have no choice, says Barnabas. "I will not have it!" shouts Paul. You will do whether you want to or not, says Barnabas--you see, we do keep our bargains, that is why we expect you to keep your. I want my daughter back, free, says Paul. Not possible, says Barnabas. "I will make it possible!" screams Paul. There is no way to erase that night, says Barnabas. Paul reaches into a drawer and pulls out a gun. "But I can kill you, Mr. Collins," he says, pointing the gun at Barnabas.  If I die, someone else will replace me, says Barnabas. They will get this, too! shouts Paul, who fires--but nothing happens.
Put the gun down, advises Barnabas, laughing. It was loaded, cries Paul--you got to it somehow! Of course it was, says Barnabas, we think of everything, we must--we knew about the gun, as we know about your efforts to get Carolyn to leave here, another thing you will not do--we know everything you intend to do before you do it. Beaten, Paul turns away from him.
[/spoiler]

It's so easy to tell that Jonathan Frid had a lot of fun with this scene. Say what you will about the latter parts of Leviathans, and we have, but many of these early eps are really well done.

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Carolyn - 'Whatever is wrong, it MUST be dealt with here--you can't go after it, I can't let you go away. Whatever is wrong, we MUST take care of it here--it would simply follow you, or us. You MUST know that. Here, here in Collinsport, this is where your only hope lies') was back on December 8th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: March 21, 2023, 05:18:24 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #996 (1970PT) - Alexis - 'Quentin, Quentin, something's happened since we heard the music in my room, with no one on the piano. Do you know what it is? You MUST tell me.'

From "#0996/0997: Robservations 06/25/03: Yaeger & Buffy"
Someone knocks at the door.  Trask, terrified, he doesn't want to open the door. What if it's Mr. Collins? she asks--you must open the door! Trask very reluctantly unbolts the door. It is Quentin, who, annoyed, asks, why was the door bolted? Something has happened since I heard the music in the room, says Alexis, with no one at the piano--do you know what it is--you must tell me. Close up the house, Trask begs Quentin, we have to leave, all of us!  We aren't doing that, insists Quentin, so you should just relax.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote nearly perfectly...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Alexis - 'Please TELL me, I MUST know!'), which is from this same scene, was back on June 4th of 2020, and the second (Quentin - 'Whoever he is, he MUST be pretty dangerous') was back on June 20th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: March 22, 2023, 05:46:05 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1121 (1840) - Barnabas - 'I MUST congratulate you, Mr. Stiles.'

From "#1121/1122: Robservations 09/25/03: A Sticky Domestic Situation"
Barnabas enters and Gerard asks if he saw anyone on his way over here--Samantha thought she saw someone through the window, that's all.  Barnabas congratulates him, but Gerard says congratulations are a bit premature, and he doesn't wish to discuss it any further. Of course, says Barnabas, and joins Gerard in the drawing room
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the circumstances of the quote well...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'You married Gerard. You MUST have a feeling for him') was back on May 11th of 2021, and the second (Samantha - 'There MUST have been some way you could have let us know') was back on February 15th of 2022.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: March 23, 2023, 04:16:09 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1199 (1841PT) - Julia - 'Morgan, until the lottery is over, you MUST have nothing to do with Catherine. Do you understand?'

From "#1199/1200: Robservations 12/09/03: The Woman in White"
I know six Collins have gone to that room and spent the night--three were found dead in the morning, and three were found like Father--mad for the rest of their lives--I am realistic, too, about one thing--that either Quentin, Gabriel or I will be on that list.  Do you think you or I can decide who will or will not be in the lottery? she asks--when your father dies, and you read that letter, it will tell us
--until the lottery is over, you must have nothing to do with Catherine, do you understand?  I can't! he says.
[/spoiler]

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Morgan - 'Do you know the first thing I remember?-- I MUST'VE been about 5 or 6. I remember hearing mother and father talking. They were talking about that room and what would happen when we grew up. And one day that Quentin and I would have to go into that room and spend the night') was back on January 11th of 2021, and the second (Julia - 'I think not! You MUST NOT tamper with tradition!') was back on October 6th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: March 24, 2023, 03:42:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #48 (1966) - Liz - 'Well, he MUST have left sometime between 10:30 and 11.'

From "#0047/0048: Robservations 06/20/01: Malloy is Missing"
Joe says, according to Mrs. Johnson, Malloy came home about ten o'clock last night and had some supper. About 10:30, he received a phone call. Mrs. Johnson had to leave to visit her daughter, but Malloy was still there when she left. "What happened this morning?" asks Liz. Joe says Mrs. Johnson came back to the house, around 6:30 to fix his breakfast. He never came down, so she went upstairs to look. He wasn't there, and his bed appeared not to have been slept in. Liz rises from the sofa, rubbing her hands nervously together. "He must have left sometime between 10:30 and 11:00, she muses. Why does she says that?" Joe asks, and she describes how she tried to reach him several times after eleven, with no answer.
She asks if Mrs. Johnson knew who phoned Malloy, and Joe says no, all she said was Malloy seemed very upset. "You don't suppose something really did happen to him, do you?" Joe asks. Liz says, "I don't know, Joe, I don't know."
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: March 25, 2023, 03:28:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #244 (1967) - Liz - 'But you MUST, because it affects you.'

From "#0243/0244: Robservations 11/13/01: A Proposal"
Carolyn goes into the drawing room, and indeed finds her mother quite upset. As Liz speaks to her, she senses that her mother is about to make a confession, and she tells Liz that she'd rather not hear it if it's that upsetting to Liz. Liz insists it's necessary for her to free herself--but first she has a few things to reveal about Paul Stoddard--he loved no one but himself.
This distresses Carolyn, who isn't sure she wants to hear more. Your father never loved or wanted you, Liz tells her daughter, who becomes terribly upset. Refusing to listen further, Carolyn runs from the room, slamming the door closed behind her.
[/spoiler]

This is another Robservations in the period where's there's little detail and once again the quote isn't referenced. However, it comes up when Carolyn becomes upset and doesn't want to hear what Liz is trying to tell her...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: March 26, 2023, 05:38:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #385 (1795) - Trask - 'We MUST have tangible evidence of an act of sorcery.'

From "#0384/0385: Robservations 03/06/02: Family Blood is Spilled"
Drawing room - Natalie and Abigail talk to Trask, who asks for evidence of witchcraft.  Abigail gleefully regales him with all that has been happening, focusing on the mysterious disappearance of Joshua, who was turned into a cat, then transformed back. Of course, Abigail could see the devil possession in Miss Winters' eyes the day she arrived! Barnabas overhears what's happening and reluctantly shakes "Mr. Trask's" hand. It's absurd, he scoffs, Miss Winters is a fine young lady, no more a witch than he is!
[/spoiler]

This is another Robservations in the period where's there's little detail and once again the quote isn't referenced directly. However, the circumstances under which the quote comes up is referenced. Though the summary makes it seem as if Barnabas having overheared Abigail say that she could see the devil possession in Miss Winters' eyes the day she arrived is what prompts him to defend Vicki, but that is not the case. Abigail actually makes that remark in the beginning of the scene before she explains about things like Joshua's disappearance and before Barnabas even comes downstairs to begin to overhear what's happening in the drawing room. In actuality, it's Barnabas having overheard Trask say he wants to question the young woman Abigail suspects and Abigail identifying her as Vicki that grabs Barnabas attention and prompts him to question what is happening and to defend Vicki...