Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118455 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1230 on: July 01, 2022, 01:56:50 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #44 (1966) - Carolyn - 'But how did you know about it? Oh. I suppose Vicki MUST have told you.'

From "#0043/0044: Robservations 06/18/01: Coffee and Conversation"
Then you did go to Bangor, says Liz. Yes, I had lunch with a friend, says Carolyn. Liz asks John to excuse them for a minute and leads Carolyn into the foyer, closing the doors behind them. Was this friend by any chance Burke Devlin? asks Liz. Yes, says Carolyn, but how did you know about it?--I suppose Vicki must have told you. No she didn't, says Liz--you know how I feel about Burke. Yes, but I don't see why, begins Carolyn. Never mind why, says Liz, I don't want you associating with him. I don't know exactly what you mean by associating, says Carolyn--all I did was have lunch with him--you'd think it was a federal crime--
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote nearly perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (John Harris - 'The notes are signed on the best possible terms and eventually they can be paid off. But I MUST remind you that they are demand notes and can be called at any time') was back on July 22nd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: July 02, 2022, 03:30:13 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #814 (1897) - Aristede - 'You MUST settle with me.'

From "Robservations 2/17/03 - #813/814 - Petofi, Restored"
It wouldn't do any good to see him, says Aristede, if you have the hand, give it to me, it can save them both!  Not until I have a promise from Petofi, says Barnabas.  He can't promise anything; sys Aristede--he can't speak, hasn't been able to speak since he possessed Jamison.  I must get a promise from Petofi, insists Barnabas--even a flicker of an eye or a hand raised that he will cure Quentin and end this reign of terror at Collinwood.  I will promise that, Aristede assures him.  I refuse to accept your word, says Barnabas--I want to talk to Petofi. You must trust me, says Aristede, or the child will die.  Barnabas thinks a moment and agrees
[/spoiler]

The Robservations ignores the quote. The exchange actually goes:
Aristede - "I'll promise that."
Barnabas - "I do not accept your word. Now, I want to talk to him. If he can hear me..."
Aristede - "You MUST settle with me."
Barnabas - "How do I know I can trust you?!"
Aristede - "You must trust me. If you don't, the child dies."

Also, Barnabas does not use the word "must" when he says that he wants a promise from Petofi...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Aristede - 'Barnabas is coming, Master. He's bringing the hand. You MUST stay alive until he comes. You MUST!') was back on March 28th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: July 03, 2022, 03:10:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #593 (1968) - Julia - 'If Adam hasn't made his move yet, I don't think he'll make it. He MUST have had some reason to change his mind.'

From "Robservations 8/6/02 - #592/593 - Astonishing Recovery"
Willie arrives to complain that he and Maggie are both going stir-crazy in the mausoleum's secret room. Barnabas isn't interested--they've got a bigger emergency here. Carolyn died following the attempted experiment, and Adam's gone to Collinwood to destroy the Collins family. Willie says Adam can't be at Collinwood, because he saw him sitting alone under a tree in the woods (aw, poor guy, but it's nice that he put his killing spree on hold to mourn Carolyn a bit).
Barnabas explains that Carolyn's body has disappeared. Julia theorizes that Adam must have changed his mind about getting revenge. Barnabas wants to know if Adam didn't take the body, who did? Willie says none of it's going to matter if Maggie gets out and tells the police about Barnabas.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references only part of the quote...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 05, 2022, 02:26:07 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #19 (1966) - Liz - 'I felt sorry for him then. I knew how terrible it MUST have been.'

From "#0019/0020: Robservations 05/31/01: Tension Escalates Everywhere"
Carolyn closes the double doors. Liz sits down. I want you to tell me why you think Burke would try to kill Uncle Roger, demands Carolyn. I wanted to forget about it, says Liz--you were just a baby--all the unpleasantness--I was hoping it would be over with--10 years ago, there was a trial--manslaughter--Burke was convicted. He went to prison? asks Carolyn. Yes, says Liz--your uncle was a witness, and Burke swore he would come back here someday and destroy him--destroy all of us--I felt sorry for him then, I knew how terrible it must have been for him. Why didn't you ever tell me? asks Carolyn. You were just a child, says Liz, and I wanted it to be forgotten--and then Burke came back.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 05, 2022, 03:12:22 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #130 (1966) - Laura - 'Oh yes, we MUST. Now more than ever.'

From "#0129/0130: Robservations 08/20/01: FIRE!"
When you say you want David, what do you mean? Roger asks his wife. I mean I found the one element of my life that was missing, she says, one that everyone needs--love--David can give me that. Are you saying that you love David and want his love in return? Asks Liz. Exactly, says Laura. How do you expect to acquire it? asks Roger--you're only a vague memory to him. Surely he's asked about me, says Laura anxiously. Of course he has, says Liz. But he doesn't expect to see you ever, says Roger. Why not asks Laura. Because your case was considered to be...so hopeless, says Roger. Now that you've see me, says Laura, do I still seem to be so hopeless? I don't know, he says. Come now, she says. Let's be straightforward, says Roger. Oh yes, we must, she says, rising to her feet--now more than ever. Where do we stand exactly? Asks Roger. More important, she says, where are we going? All right, legally, he says, we are still man and wife, if you will, and I am still responsible for you. I have no desire whatsoever to continue our marriage, she says, I won't oppose a divorce--I feel we should both be free to face the future squarely. What is it that you want? he asks. I want complete custody of David, replies Laura, looking at Liz.
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Liz - 'The choice MUST be David's') was back on April 6th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 06, 2022, 03:02:50 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #208 (1967) - Jason - 'Well then, it MUST still be there.'

From "#0208/0209: Abbreviated Robservations 10/17/01: Collins Family Jewels"
Liz knows damn well who stole it and sends Jason to retrieve it.
[/spoiler]

As the title for this installment of Robservations indicates, it's among the ones that have little detail. In fact, it summarizes the entire scene in which the quote takes place with that one excerpted sentence, which in itself isn't entirely accurate. The fact of the matter is Liz goes to the study and accuses Jason of having taken the pin. After she reminds him how earlier he'd retrieved the pin that she dropped, Jason reminds Liz that he gave it back to her. Then Liz reminds him that she put it on the table. And it's after that point that Jason delivers the quote. However, Liz insists he knows perfectly well it isn't. Jason protests he wouldn't do a "silly thing" like take it. Liz states if he didn't, then he knows who did, and she would like him to get it for her immediately. Jason questions whether or not it's still there, but Liz is positive it isn't and points out that if it really is "missing," she must notify the insurance company immediately and they'll send investigators out. Jason doubts that will be necessary and begins to leave the room. Though Liz says, "Please see that it isn't," before he fully does so.

And this is the fifth quote from this ep. The first (Jason - 'Willie, if you MUST steal something, steal something that won't be missed') was back on November 22nd, the second (Liz - 'He MUST leave Collinwood as soon as possible!') was back on December 17th, the third (Liz - 'You seem to forget that man is a threat to my family-- a violent man with no control. It's come to a point when I MUST stop thinking of myself') was back on January 23rd, and the fourth (Jason - 'But I'm afraid I MUST insist') was back on March 23rd.

And this ep now shares the [milestone] of a fifth quote with Eps #211, #449, #678 & #1057.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 06, 2022, 04:30:03 PM »
BTW, if you think today's Julia quote is in regard to Barnabas -

Ep #638 (1968) - Julia - 'No. I MUST find him. Where can
he be?'

- that would certainly be a logical conclusion, especially given Julia's devotion to him. But you would be wrong. And if you don't remember who she's actually talking about, you will find out once I get the chance to post Ep #638's Robservations excerpt for the quote...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 07, 2022, 04:44:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #372 (1795) - Joshua - 'You MUST have done something to frighten her.'

From "#0372/0373: Robservations 02/26/02: Josette Loves Jeremiah?"
Vicki, searching for Sarah in the Old House drawing room, encounters Matthew Morgan lookalike Ben Stokes stoking the living room fire, and immediately screams in terror, remembering when Mattew kidnapped her. Her scream brings Joshua running, and even though Vicki vouches for Stokes and explains that he resembles a man who once frightened her, Joshua sternly insists that Ben is not permitted to speak to any of the women in the house, so be broke a rule.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't even reference the quote. However, after Joshua arrives on the scene and demands to know what "Stokes" is doing and insists he let go Miss Winters at once, Ben does so and backs away from Vicki as Joshua walks over to them. Joshua then says he's waiting for an explanation. And Ben explains that he didn't do anything, they were talking and when he turned around she started screaming, but he doesn't know why. It's then that Joshua delivers the quote. Ben swears he didn't. And at that point Vicki comes to his defense and confirms that he didn't do anything. And it's after that that Joshua questions why she screamed and Vicki explains that he looks like someone she knew a long time ago who frightened her but it was all her fault. Ben declares he never saw her before in his life, and Vicki confirms that's true, it's just the resemblance, and she admits fault again. But though Joshua feels it's very kind of her to take the blame, he insists punishment is necessary because "Stokes" is forbidden to engage the young ladies of the household in conversation...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 09, 2022, 12:28:43 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #468 (1968) - Carolyn - 'That's incredible! But of course this whatever-his-name-is MUST be Peter Bradford.'

From "#0467/0468: Robservations 05/02/02: Miraculous Sight of Sun"
Foyer, Collinwood - Vicki tells Carolyn about Jeff. Perhaps Jeff is Peter, suggests Carolyn, perhaps he's a ghost, like Sarah. This guy isn't a ghost, says Vicki, and Carolyn apologizes for getting carried away. Vicki wishes she could pretend her trip to the past never happened, but she can't.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly or even correctly because Carolyn doesn't suggest "whatever-his-name-is" is Peter, she declares he must be Peter...

And given the degree to which she makes that statement to Vicki, perhaps we can better understand why Carolyn will be so quick in a future storyline to think Sebastian is in reality someone come back into her life...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 09, 2022, 03:06:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #638 (1968) - Julia - 'No. I MUST find him. Where can he be?'

From "Robservations 9/9/02 - #637/638 - Mrs. Peter Bradford--or is That Mrs. Jeff Clark"
Liz answers the phone--it's for Julia. (Busy lady.) She's upset to learn Amy has escaped Windcliff. She tells the caller to let her know if there's any news. Julia rushes into the drawing room and is upset to find Chris gone--Amy, her patient at Windcliff, escaped, and Chris said he was leaving Collinsport tonight. I must find Amy's brother, says Julia--where can he be?
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly, but it does reference it well...

BTW, if you think today's Julia quote is in regard to Barnabas -

- that would certainly be a logical conclusion, especially given Julia's devotion to him. But you would be wrong.

Now you know the one in question is Chris...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 10, 2022, 05:48:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #706 (1897) - Magda - 'You MUST wait for a will. The cards are silent.'

From "Robservations 10/28/02 - #706/707 - A Helluva Dysfunctional Family"
Magda tells Carl the money will not stay with the person who gets it. If I get it, says Carl, it will stay with me, and not any of my siblings. Magda picks the death card and gasps. She rises from the chair, walks around the room staring at the air, waving her hands about. Carl demands she finish, but she shushes him, then says, "She is gone now! Edith is dead!" Carl is stunned--how do you know? The cards, and then I felt her spirit, says Magda. Where? asks Carl. She tells him the reading it over and they must wait for her will--the cards are silent. Carl grabs and shakes her, demanding to know if Grandmother told Edward the secret. No, she says. Someone has to know, asserts Carl. Someone does, she insists, but not Edward. He shakes her harder, insisting, tell me who does know!. Go! she commands, get out and grieve for your grandmother. I am going to, at least, she says sadly.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote quite well...

And I love this moment from the scene -

- after Magda says Edith is dead, she tells Carl she felt her spirit and he turns to look around - delightfully amusing...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 11, 2022, 03:36:44 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #977 (1970PT) - Liz - 'You manage the estate for Quentin. There MUST be some way of stopping Bruno from moving into the cottage.'

From "Robservations 6/11/03 - #976-977 - Tragic Attack"
Chris enters--hello, Cousin, he says to Liz. Bruno is back, says Liz, if you haven't heard. I have, says Chris. You manage the estate for Quentin, says Liz, there must be some way of stopping Bruno from moving into the cottage. Moving in? asks Chris--I'd assumed he was merely passing through. No, says Liz, he plans to stay, says he belongs here. He never belonged here, especially not now, says Chris. You'll do something about it then, says Liz.
Of course, Chris assures her. Quickly, says Liz warningly--Quentin will be back with his bride soon! Roger laughs evilly--you make me laugh, Liz, talking so earnestly, trying to put together a plan to protect Quentin and his little bride from big bad Bruno and all the others--and it's all useless. Whatever you felt about Angelique, says Chris, you must remember Quentin is bringing Mrs. Collins back. Roger gazes up at Angelique's portrait, and repeats what Chris said--don't you realize that Mrs. Collins never left, not for a moment.
[/spoiler]

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first, which was also from this same 1970PT scene (Chris - 'Roger, whatever you may have felt about Angelique, you MUST remember that Quentin is bringing Mrs. Collins back'), was back on December 25th ([ChristmaS15]) of 2020, the second, which was from a Leviathans scene (Chris - 'Or even what happened. I-- I presume Bruno MUST have drugged me in some way'), was back on March 9th of 2021, and the third, which was also from a Leviathans scene (Sabrina - 'He MUST have gone upstairs'), was back on June 21st. So that all means that Ep #977 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #365, #384, #449, #466, #550, #609, #629, #646, #678, #727, #993, #1057 and #1111. However, recall that Eps #208, #211, #449, #678 and #1057 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 12, 2022, 02:46:41 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #888 (1969) - Carolyn - 'I saw a man's face outside the window. It MUST have been the same man you found outside the house.'

From "Robservations 4/11/03 - #888-889 - The Todds, the Box, the Mysterious Stranger"
Julia races upstairs to the terrified Carolyn, who says, I saw a man's face outside, probably the same man you saw. They go to the window, but there's no sign of anyone. They wish they knew what the guy wanted.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote, but once again by rephrasing it doesn't get a quote quite correctly because something that's probable is something that's strongly possible, but something that must be is certain...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 13, 2022, 02:54:42 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1064 (1995) - Barnabas - 'You MUST tell us who.'

From "#1064/1065: Robservations 08/14/03: Madness & Death"
You don't belong here, whines Carolyn, I want you to go away! --make them go away, she begs Mrs. Johnson, who takes her into her arms as if she were a scared child and says, "Please, don't trouble her, it does no good to talk to her, I should know."  We've got to try, says Julia--someone at Collinwood just tried to kill me. There are no murderers at Collinwood, says Carolyn with dignity (!)--there are only intruders who get whatever punishment they deserve. The man was dark-haired, continues Julia, with fierce, penetrating eyes--he wore clothes from another century. No! moans Mrs. Johnson, covering her mouth with her hands. It was a ghost, says Barnabas. It was HIM! says Mrs. Johnson. Who? asks Barnabas, who? No one, says Carolyn. You must tell us who! says Barnabas. Crying, Mrs. Johnson leaves the cottage.  Julia begs her not to go, but can't stop her.
[/spoiler]

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'We simply MUST know what happened') was back on May 20th of 2020, the second (Carolyn - 'The house MUST be ready for them') was back on August 3rd, and the third (Mrs. Johnson - 'You MUSTN'T blame her. She's blocked it all out. It was too painful') was back on October 28th. So that all means that Ep #1064 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #365, #384, #449, #466, #550, #609, #629, #646, #678, #727, #977, #993, #1057 and #1111. However, recall that Eps #208, #211, #449, #678 and #1057 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 14, 2022, 02:42:09 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1111 (1840) - Julia - 'Barnabas-- Barnabas Collins. You can hear me-- you MUST. It's Julia-- Julia Hoffman. You MUST recognize my name. Let your spirit reach out to me. Let me feel its presence.'

From "#1111/1112: Robservations 09/18/03: Julia in Jeopardy"
Julia stands at the gate of the family mausoleum, thinking she can't meet that family, not now--Barnabas is summoning me, I know it!  She enters the tomb, dressed in a cape and the gown Ben gave her.  What if he isn't, she thinks, what if it's my imagination--my Barnabas is here--I know it!  She opens the secret panel and steps into the room, looking at the chained coffin.  She lights a candle and thinks that if his spirit has not made the journey through time, he will not know her.  Barnabas Collins, she says, you can hear me--you must--it's Julia Hoffman--you must recognize my name--Barnabas!--let your spirit reach out to me--let me feel its presence.  She gazes hopefully at the heavens.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote close to perfectly...

And this is the fifth quote from this ep. The first (Daniel - 'And now we MUST play the little game again. You were always so stubborn, Harriet!') was back on July 11th of 2020, the second (Flora - 'But you MUST read it, though. It's by far my best work. Oh I do hope the critics notice') was back on May 21st of 2021, the third (Daniel - 'Once you kill, you MUST kill over and over again') was back on December 10th, and the fourth (Daniel - 'No, you MUSTN'T scream. You MUSTN'T scream. They will come if you scream') was back on May 19th.

And this ep now shares the [milestone] of a fifth quote with Eps #208, #211, #449, #678 & #1057.