Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118012 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #915 on: September 12, 2021, 02:32:13 PM »
If you asked me tomorrow I would say it was Quentin that drove Maggie to Windcliff. I don't know why I can't get that out of my head.

It's probably been years since you've seen the Summer of '70 storyline so it's easily understandable that you don't remember this, but it would have been an amazing feat for Quentin to have taken Maggie to Windcliff considering that when Sebastian does so Quentin has already been buried alive by Gerard and continues to be into the next ep.  [ghost_wink]

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 12, 2021, 03:39:38 PM »
Tomorrow will tell, lol.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 13, 2021, 02:30:51 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1112 (1840) - Gerard - 'You MUST be terribly worried about him.'

From "#1111/1112: Robservations 09/18/03: Julia in Jeopardy"
Julia returns and he greets her good morning.  She says she was taking a walk, she wanted to see the grounds during the day.  Any news from your brother? He asks.  No, she says, no news.  You must be terribly worried about him, says Gerard.  Yes, says Julia.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 14, 2021, 02:10:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1225 (1841PT) - Kendrick - 'Melanie, I know, but I MUST know again just to be sure.'

From "#1224/1225: Robservations 12/29/03: Kendrick Demands Answers"
I could never forget you, he says, the fact is, I've devoted the last three days exclusively to you.  Is that what you wanted to talk to me about? she asks.  Yes, he says, and I want to ask you again just how your family came to adopt you.  I told you everything, she says, upset. I know, he says, but I must know again just to be sure.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 15, 2021, 02:24:45 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #34 (1966) - Joe - 'You MUST be joking.'

From "#0033/0034: Robservations 06/11/01: Into the Whirlpool"
"Uh, oh," he says, causing her to ask him who else he told off. It's not that--he forgot to pay for his drinks. He resolves to stop off on his way home and pay his tab. She asks him to make it a quick stop, and, smiling, he suggests she's worried about him. Counting on her fingers, she humorously reminds him he made speeches to her, her mother, Vicki and Burke--that's enough for one night! He doesn't know, if Devlin's in the bar, he might find a few more things to say to him. Growing serious, she says that if Burke is still there, she would prefer Joe apologize to him. He says, "You must be joking," and she assures him Burke's really a very nice person. Joe tells her for what he said to the others, he's truly sorry, but what he said to Burke Devlin--"I'm delighted." Carolyn eyes him unhappily and teasingly says he's really horrible.
[/spoiler]

And it's another surprise Joe quote...

And not only that but it's the second Joe quote from the ep. The first (Joe - 'No, I was drunk. I was just plain drunk. Your mother MUST be sore, huh?') was back on July 1st of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 16, 2021, 03:58:27 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #211 (1967) - Caretaker - 'No, please, you MUSTN'T.'

From "#0210/0211: Robservations 10/18/01: The Courtly Cousin From England"
He should never have gone inside, says the caretaker. Why, what's in there? asks Jason. The dead, asleep and at peace, says the caretaker. Is that all? asks Jason. Evil, says the caretaker, evil hovers there, can't you feel it? No, can't say that I do, replies Jason--nothing inside was disturbed, was it? Yes! says the caretaker. You mean somebody disturbed the coffins? Asks Jason. Nothing that profane, says the caretaker, but the dead were disturbed, I can tell! Do you mind if I go in there? asks Jason. Please, you mustn't! begs the caretaker. Why not? asks Jason. I told you, evil is in there! the caretaker replies. Suppose I just take my chances, grins Jason, entering the tomb.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And given this regarding Ep #211 -

And this is the fourth quote from this ep (tying with Eps #2, #212, #365 and #678 for the most quotes so far from a single ep). The first (Caretaker - 'You TELL him he MUST never come here again') was back on June 20th of 2020, the second (Caretaker - 'Oh no, the living MUST LEAVE. They MUST NEVER COME here again') was back on January 3rd, and the third (Caretaker - 'Someone was in here. Something happened here. We MUSTN'T STAY') was back on January 27th.  Apparently we love quoting the caretaker from this ep!  [easter_wink] [easter_cheesy]

- it's perhaps more than fitting that the first ep to reach the [milestone] of a fifth quote is Ep #211 with yet another quote from the caretaker!  [ghost_wink] [ghost_cheesy]

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 17, 2021, 03:11:34 PM »
I am eager to read about today's quote! I don't remember it and it's a great quote. It would have made a great green series card.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 17, 2021, 03:26:09 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #406 (1796) - Angelique - 'I MUST make him hear me. I want him to know how sorry I am.'

From "#0405/0406: Robservations 03/20/02 - Cursed!"
Barnabas, cautiously hopeful, tells Ben he shot Angelique--are you sure she's dead, Ben? Then Angelique, still holding her bloody shoulder, comes in and tells the two disappointed men she isn't dead and isn't going to die. Ben tries to keep her away from Barnabas, but she says she must look at him, and they must keep him alive. If he dies. . .never mind, she says savagely to Ben. She touches Barnabas' face and says she wants him to know how sorry she is. Ben explodes at her--first she puts a curse on the man, now she's sorry! He tried to kill me, says Ang, that's why I set the curse! But now she wants to reverse it..
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrases the quote...

And something hit me that I never fully realized until after I saw that Midnite had picked this quote: from Angelique's POV she was sorry for cursing Barnabas and she didn't understand why he didn't accept that and forgive her. After all, to her mind it was his fault he was cursed because he shot her. Whether that belief is in any way based in reality or completely delusional is almost beside the point because it explains a great deal about Angelique's motivations throughout the rest of the series - if only he would have accepted her apology, she believed she would have acted differently from that point on. And who knows, maybe that would have been true, especially after Barnabas' big realization in 1840/41...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 18, 2021, 01:42:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #528 (1968) - Nicholas - 'Here, let me take that. You MUST have a bon voyage drink with me to assure yourself a pleasant journey.'

From "Robservations 6/19/02 - #527/528 - Cass and Nick Bickerson"
Later, Nicholas is playing with the vial of potion in the drawing room. He spots Vicki coming down the stairs with her luggage and asks if she's going on a holiday.  In a way, she replies. He tells her she deserves it and insists they have a bon voyage drink. As he mixes the potion in with her sherry, he recommends vacationing in the winter, adding that he's allergic to the cold. (Satan's minion would be!) She answers that she likes winters because they are peaceful (and her birth month, right?) Whatever. He offers a toast, "Cheers!", but before either of them take a sip, there's a knock at the door. It's Jeff, and Vicki says she's all ready to leave. Nicholas protests that she hasn't touched her drink, and invites Jeff to join them. Jeff thanks him but says they don't have the time. Some other time, promises Vicki. Nicholas tells her to have a pleasant trip, and they rush out, leaving him standing alone with the two glasses of sherry.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations barely references the quote, but we're lucky it's referenced at all because this ep is during the period where the Robservations aren't as detailed...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 19, 2021, 03:10:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #709 (1897) - Judith - 'You MUST remember-- on Grandmother's hand in the coffin.'

I am eager to read about today's quote! I don't remember it and it's a great quote. It would have made a great green series card.

And here you are:

From "Robservations 10/29/02 - Barnabas Threatens Quentin - #708/709"
Judith spots a lace glove on the floor. Quentin picks it up despite her warning. It was on Edith's hand in the coffin, says Judith, that was her favorite pair of gloves--it was on her hand, and you know it! Quentin stares at the glove, perturbed.

Judith tells Quentin she's frightened. He retorts, you were always a scaredy-cat and I hated playing with you. I'm not a child, she says--open the door. They both go into the study. A glove is indeed missing from the old lady's hand.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote but not directly...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Judith - 'I suppose I MUST look at her, MUSTN'T I?') was back on May 7th of 2020, and the second (Quentin - 'You MUST be able to hear it now. You MUST!') was back on October 24th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 20, 2021, 03:18:11 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #886 (1796) - Barnabas - 'I MUST get back to the path. Where is the path? Where is it?'

From "Robservations 4/10/03 - #886-887 - 1796 Finale; Hello, Leviathans!"
In the woods, Barnabas finds himself enshrouded in fog. I should be at the road, he says to himself. What is that? He spies a strange stone altar with coiled snakes on the background. Fire burns in two standing torches. I've never seen it before, Barnabas murmurs to himself. He moves closer to the altar, wondering how it's possible--I took this path earlier tonight--this wasn't here. Where am I? What's happened to me--how could I be lost...at Collinwood? I can't be, yet I am. I am!  I must get back to the path--where is it?
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references most of the quote...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 21, 2021, 03:04:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1014 (1970PT) - Quentin - 'Is it true that you can reveal secrets that are hidden in the future? Everything that's happening MUST be leading to something. But what? Does the answer lie here?'

From "#1014/1015: Robservations 07/10/03: Hoffman Learns the Truth"
Quentin picks up a Tarot card from the table and holds it up, wondering to himself, is it true it can reveal hidden future secrets?--everything that's happening must be leading to something--but what? Does the answer lie here? He sits at the table and shuffles the Tarot deck, then lays out the cards. This is the card that will tell me what I want to know, he tells himself, and flips it over--"The hanging man!" cries Quentin.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrases part of the quote but still references it well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 22, 2021, 03:52:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1191 (1841) - Daniel's Ghost - 'You, Gabriel-- you turned this hand cold, as my heart has turned cold from you. Now, you MUST die, Gabriel. You MUST die!'

From "#1191/1192: Robservations 12/03/03: A Hideous Visage"
Gabriel runs up a spiral staircase to a parapet on the roof of Collinwood. No, Gabriel, your murders must stop, commands his father's ghost. They've stopped, Gabriel promises. Another lie! accuses Daniel. It's not another lie, I'm finished! cries Gabriel--oh, Father, I know you never loved me, for God's sake, I know that Edith didn't, Quentin didn't--Father! You, Gabriel, you turned this hand cold, says Daniel, holding out a ghostly hand--as my heart has grown cold against you--now you must die, Gabriel, you must die!
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrases just a bit but still references the quote quite well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 23, 2021, 05:00:45 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #16 (1966) - Liz - 'She MUST. She has to be.'

From "#0015/0016: Robservations 05/29/01: Dead Man's Curve"
This is no place for young people, continues Liz, old and decaying, and smells of death. Carolyn seems to have managed, says Vicki. Do you think so? asks Liz anxiously--do you really think so? she's a wonderful girl, says Vicki. I've been so worried about her, says Liz, and not this Devlin business--I'm a strong woman, but if anything happened to Carolyn, I think I'd die (said with heart-wrenching intensity). I'm sure she'll be just fine, says Vicki. She must, she has to be, insists Liz.
[/spoiler]

And I was really quite happy with the screen capture I was able to get:

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 24, 2021, 03:08:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #296 (1967) - Julia - 'You MUST understand that you MUSTN'T do anything to harm Maggie Evans. She can't hurt you.'

From "#0295/0296: Robservations 12/21/01: Julia Protects Her Vampire!"
She'll do anything to make this experiment happen, short of taking a life, and Maggie, memory gone, can't hurt him. Julia coolly pushes a cigarette in a holder, then lights it in Barnabas' candelabra.
[/spoiler]

Again, this ep falls into the period where the Robservations aren't all that detailed and the quote is barely referenced. But there are several "must" lines during just this small section so once again I'm not going to go into detail explaining the circumstances surrounding the quote as I normally would. And honestly, the quote pretty much speaks for itself...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'Tomorrow night, you MUST die'), was back on June 28th, the second (Julia - 'I know what I'm doing and you MUST trust me. And no harm MUST come to Maggie Evans') was back on July 14, and the third (Julia - 'You MUST cooperate with me. You have no choice') was back on August 26th.