Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 117303 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #855 on: July 29, 2021, 02:02:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #524 (1968) - Vicki - 'I don't know. But there MUST be some reason for the way you were looking at him.'

From "Robservations 6/17/02 - #523/524 - Jeff, Peter, Peter, Jeff"
When Vicki comes into the drawing room, Jeff is standing at an open window, gazing out into the darkness. Vicki asks him why he looked at Joe that way, as if he suddenly disliked him. Jeff gets pissy again--Didn't you hear me say I had a headache?
[/spoiler]

There is more detail in this period of Robservations but, again, we don't get much detail surrounding the quote. But, again, at least it does reference the main points of the quote...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Joe - 'Jeff! Wake up! Wake up! You MUST have been having a pretty bad dream') was back on September 15th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 30, 2021, 01:38:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #727 (1897) - Gregory - 'The devil MUST be vanquished. The lamb MUST be cleansed.'

From "Robservations 11/14/02 - #726/727 - Barnabas Gets a Bit of Charity"
Trask kneels in the Collinwood drawing room, asking for His help in finding a "lost lamb." The devil has been with him, intones Trask, raising his hands high, and looked upon him with favor. The devil must be vanquished, the lamb cleansed, let you in your infinite wisdom show him the light and guide him to the safe harbor I can provide for him--I ask not for myself, but for the poor, miserable, misguided youth so in need of your divine guidance. Amen. Barnabas overhears much of this, and suggests, "Perhaps I should have prayed with you." Wiser than searching the woods, says Trask. Barnabas curtly informs him, if I had found him, I wouldn't have delivered Jamison to you!--you can't take Jamison to the school until his father returns.
[/spoiler]

While not by a direct quote, the quote is referenced well by the Robservations...

I wonder if Jerry Lacy enjoyed doing these types of scenes on his knees in the drawing room? This one -

Ep #727 (1897) - Gregory - 'The devil MUST be vanquished.
The lamb MUST be cleansed.'

(His eyes look so weird - like he's the devil!)

- is the second one to show up in the slideshow - from August 16th:

Ep #776 (1897) - Gregory - 'I need Your help, oh Lord.
Together, we MUST help this poor, afflicted woman
possessed by an evil spirit of darkness. With Your help, we
shall drive the demon back into hell from whenst it came.'

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'But we MUSTN'T make a habit of agreeing, Barnabas') was back on March 25th, and the second (Rachel - 'If they're here, I MUST face them, without fear, but how?') was back on May 30th.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Today's Quote From #535
« Reply #857 on: July 31, 2021, 07:18:39 AM »
I had to look up the Robservations to see what was happening.  I had no recollection of Barnabas ever asking to be staked!!
Josette

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Quote From #535
« Reply #858 on: July 31, 2021, 02:00:14 PM »
 [pointing-up]  It's so much fun that one can still find things about DS that have been forgotten about. That's half the fun of watching the show over and over because it's next to impossible to remember everything.  [easter_smiley]

Ep #535 (1968) - Barnabas - 'Willie will bring a wooden
stake and a hammer, and you MUST drive that stake
through my heart.'

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 01, 2021, 07:24:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1113 (1840/1970) - Prof. Stokes - 'You MUST visualize a door with the hexagram painted on it.'

From "#1113/1114: Robservations 09/19/03: Barnabas to the Rescue!"
I wish there were some other way, says Stokes.  Barnabas picks up the wands--there is not, he says.  Throw the wands, says Stokes.  Barnabas does.  I pray this will work, says Stokes--you have no assurance you will arrive in the right time.  Barnabas sits before the wands.  The 59th hexagram, says Stokes, hexagram of change.  I am ready, Professor, says Barnabas.  You must visualize a door with the hexagram painted on it, says Stokes--concentrate until the door begins to open.  It's opening, says Barnabas, seeing it in his mind.  Now, pass through the door--rise and go through that door! instructs Stokes.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Ben - 'You MUST NOT. Mr. Barnabas, you MUST talk to that woman, that Julia-- she's from the future, from 1970') was back on July 21st of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 01, 2021, 10:40:45 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #310 (1967) - Barnabas - 'It's dark now. Come, we MUST go out.'

From "#0309/0310: Robservations 01/10/02: Sad Big Brother"
Barnabas insists to Willie that Sarah wouldn't betray him, and wants to go to Sarah's grave to see if she can sense his need for him, and thus appear to him.
[/spoiler]

Another one of the Robservations with very little detail and another that doesn't even reference the quote. But the circumstances surrounding the quote begin with Willie turning in Barnabas' direction and remarking that he hasn't said anything for a long time. Barnabas then does indeed insist that Sarah wouldn't betray him she couldn't. And after pausing, Barnabas delivers the quote as he walks toward Willie, who is still lighting the candelabra. Willie asks with surprise, "Out? Where?" Barnabas says to search for her, to find her. Willie wonders if Barnabas might know where she is? Barnabas replies her knows a logical place to find her. And after Willie asks where, Barnabas says her final resting place, her grave. Willie then says, "The Collins Tomb," with a touch of fright, to which Barnabas replies, "Yes." As Willie helps Barnabas put on his cape, he points out that they've looked there before but she wasn't there. Barnabas hopes, "Perhaps tonight she will sense my need for her and come to me."

Had I known about this quote, it might have been a part of "31 Days Of Come, I Must Be Going - Stay, I Must Be Leaving" - but obviously it didn't come up in a search...

And I'm sensing a theme for this day in the slideshow. In 2020's installment Barnabas was talking with Willie while Willie worked in the drawing room and was wearing a print shirt -

- and the scene for this quote it quite similar -

- so, if we do a third round of 'must" quotes, I'm thinking we should continue the trend...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 02, 2021, 01:58:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #476 (1968) - Barnabas - 'I will agree to nothing until I know more. I MUST know what my chances of success are.'

From "#0475/0476: Robservations 05/09/02: Give Me Jeff Clark's Face!"
Lang describes how he's been studying, researching and analyzing for years, and has learned a simple secret of bestowing life on inanimate matter. Life out of death? asks Barn, and Lang wonders if he thinks him altogether mad. This creature, imbued with Barnabas' life force, will be born, live as any other man, and Barnabas will have his cherished freedom--in essence, reborn. HOW? asks Barn.
By infusing his creature with Barn's life force, with a new body and mind. Barn stares at the creature and asks about his present body and mind. Forever dead, says Lang, but you would forever be free of Ang's curse--because you would no longer be Barnabas. This idea stuns Barnabas, giving him hope, but he insists he must know more--like the chance of success. Almost certain, Lang assures him, but admits it's a chance. If it fails, Barnabas would die in his present form--but Lang feels certain of success.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly or completely, but it does reference the main points of the quote...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'She will enjoy making me suffer before she makes her big move, and that's why I MUST make my move now') was back on March 5th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 02, 2021, 02:20:32 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #769 (1897) - Beth - 'I'm hoping you find Dirk quickly, and do whatever you MUST to silence him.'

From "Robservations 1/15/03 - #768-769 - Dirk Goes After Barnabas"
Dirk thinks he killed you, points out Beth.  That won't keep him quiet, says Barn.  Suppose he talked already? She asks.  No, says Barn, you were here guarding me and no one came to the house, so it's unlikely anyone has found out, or they would have done something about me by now--I'm going to deal with Dirk, silence him.  Beth asks, is that necessary?  Yes, says Barnabas.  Beth gets teary and tells Barnabas, take care of yourself--if anything happened to you. . .   Quentin would stand alone, finishes Barnabas.  Yes, she says--I'm sorry to be thinking about him, when you are in danger, but. . .  Barn assures her I'll be fine, but I must deal with Dirk in time, and I'm sure I can.  What do you want me to do? she asks.  Be calm, he says, don't tell Quentin anything--the less he knows, the safer we will be--Quentin can be dangerous, destroy all of us, warns Barnabas.  Beth says he's not usually like that, he's just frightened now (an acceptable reason to hit her)?  Barnabas, his face inches from hers, says, you are a soft-hearted girl, and in this world of heartless people, you will be hurt.  I used to be, she says, until I stood in this very house and pleaded with Quentin not to kill Jenny--but I'm not anymore--I'm hoping you find Dirk quickly, and do whatever he must to silence him.  I will, says Barn, I won't allow Dirk to get in the way of what I must do.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 03, 2021, 02:24:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #493 (1968) - Mrs. Johnson - 'And I know as hard as I try, I MUST tell him.'

From "Robservations 5/22/02 - #493/494 - Baby Comes Home"
At Collinwood, Julia examines Lang's journals. Mrs. Johnson comes in and gasps when she sees Julia. She asks if David is there. He isn't. Mrs. Johnson doesn't want to find him, she tells Julia, she's afraid to see him--she's going to her room and stay there. I've had the dream, says Mrs. Johnson--it was so terrifying! Julia doesn't want to hear Mrs. Johnson talk about bats screeching and begs her to stop. Sarah is crying, saying she tried to resist her beckoner, David, but couldn't. Never tell him the dream, Julia orders. Sarah explains that she was forced to do everything in the dream--and she must tell it to David! Julia sits Mrs. Johnson down and tells her they must stop the dream before it's too late. If she doesn't see David, she can't tell him, Julia reminds her.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations only references the main point of the quote...

One thing that's very interesting about the summation of the this particular scene is that it seems like every other line in the scene has the word "must" in it, yet the Robservations doesn't mention most of them but instead uses a "must" in a line where Julia actually says "got to," as in "We've got to stop this dream before it's too late."

And I have to say that I absolutely love the body language Mrs. Johnson and Julia display in the capture -

- they perfectly convey the tension of the scene...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 04, 2021, 02:26:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1235 (1841PT) - Morgan - 'He MUST have given you quite a blow.'

From "#1234/1235: Robservations 01/09/04: Grisly Discovery"
Julia lies on the sofa in the Collinwood drawing room.  Morgan dabs her forehead with a compress.  She awakens and puts her hand to her throbbing forehead.  Don't try to sit up, warns Morgan.  My head, she moans.  He must have given you quite a blow, guesses Morgan.  Gabriel! cries Julia in horror.  Yes, he locked you in the tower room, he says, I had to find another key to let you out.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 05, 2021, 01:30:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1181 (1841) - Charles - 'I am aware of the dangers involved, but I say we MUST use the Head of Judah Zachary!'

From "#1181/1182: Robservations 11/23/03: Samantha's Astounding Declaration"
9:10 - Courthouse - Gerard is amazed when Dawson reports that Joanna appeared in court and took the stand--how do you explain this?  I told you it was dangerous to use that letter! Dawson reminds him.  Are you absolutely sure? asks Gerard.  Of course I'm sure, says Dawson.  Explain it, demands Gerard.  I'm not interested in explaining it, says a furious Dawson, we had it, we had it--that judge was only syllables away from offering a verdict favoring the prosecution, and then she walked in!--we are in very serious trouble at the moment--we need a stronger weapon--I am aware of the dangers involved, but I say we must use the head of Judah Zachary!--are you listening to me?  Yes, I heard you, says Gerard, I just need time to think.  We don't have any, says Dawson, we have to have something big by 10 tomorrow morning.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 06, 2021, 03:20:21 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1064 (1995) - Carolyn - 'The house MUST be ready for them.'

From "#1064/1065: Robservations 08/14/03: Madness & Death"
Do you go to the house regularly? queries Carolyn. You know I can't go there! responds Mrs. Johnson, shocked. Who's getting it ready? asks Carolyn. Ready for what? demands Mrs. Johnson.  For when they come back, explains Carolyn.
For when WHO comes back? asks Mrs. J. Everyone! cries Carolyn--my mother, Quentin, Uncle Roger... Mrs. Johnson grabs her by her shoulders and reminds her, they aren't coming home. Carolyn pulls away. But they are, she says, forcing gaiety into her tone, and when they do, the house must be ready for them. Mrs. Johnson again grabs her by the elbows-- they're not ever coming back! she says. Don't say that! shrieks Carolyn.  She calms herself, sits down and glances through the album, adding, "Especially when it isn't true."
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 07, 2021, 02:42:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1057 (1970PT) - Roxanne - 'You killed him and you MUST die for it!'

From "#1056/1057: Robservations 08/08/03: More Death; A Near-Miss Rescue"
Roxanne enters. Why did you kill him? she asks Barnabas, who rises to his feet, delighted to see her. Are you referring to Claude North? he asks--I didn't kill him, Stokes did!  I don't believe you, says Roxanne--you killed him and you must die for it!  She holds up the dagger at stabbing height.  Barnabas recognizes it as the dagger he saw in the secret room--where did you get it? he asks.  It was Claude's, and mine, says Roxanne, it belonged to the two of us--it brought us together in a way no two people have been brought together before (so romantic)! He made me take a vow on it--that I would kill anyone who harmed him
--and I intend to keep that vow. Claude is dead, says Barnabas, and no longer has a hold over you, you are free. I made a promise, she says. He forced you to make it, says Barn, you didn't do it freely--you cannot hold to it any longer. I've GOT to, she insists, raising the dagger
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 07, 2021, 08:50:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #952 (1970) - Megan - 'No, you MUST have your room now.'

From "Robservations 5/23/03 - #952-953"
Philip said he was glad the antique shop was gone--well so am I!--it reminded me of him--here there is nothing to remind me of him, it is perfect, and that room will be perfect for you in your higher form--I'll consecrate it immediately. No, you can't, says Jeb, stopping her. But I did before, she protests. The consecration didn't come from you, says Jeb, but from Oberon, and the dream. We can't wait for a dream, says Megan. Can't we? asks Jeb--there is plenty of time. No, you must have your room now, says Megan. I don't want it now, he says, looking into the fire. What did you say? she asks. He repeats it--I don't want my room, that was just fine when I was younger and had to change, but now I'm in a different form, I am me, and I don't see any reason not to remain in this form. She kneels beside him and says, "YOU are what's in that room--Jeb is only what the world sees!"
[/spoiler]

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 08, 2021, 05:08:30 AM »
Sorry I missed this one!