Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0019  (Read 440 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0019
« on: March 24, 2020, 07:56:25 PM »
Robservations #19

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0019

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 06:08:16 AM »
Elizabeth worries in a state a beauty through the rooms of the Great House. She believes Carolyn is with Burke.
Bill is looking and ends up with Sam who is pumping him for information and booze.  Carolyn now reunited with Joe ends up at the empty diner. Joe mentions as he serves Burgers that Maggie went home sick and they are understaffed. The mystery cook is swamped by the two customers. Carolyn tells Hoe to get her coffee. Sam comes in calls Bill who calls Elizabeth.
Carolyn and Joe return to Collinwood where she finds Roger missing. Elizabeth sends Joe to see if the convertible is gone. It is. Elizabeth and Carolyn argue over Burke. Carolyn learns what happened between Roger and Burke.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 08:07:59 PM »
Uncommon opening shot of Collinwood. Night time view of the portico with a zoom-in on a lit double glass mosaic window. I would guess it is the eat-in kitchen window.

Unable to sleep and pacing with worry over Carolyn being out with (the attempted murderer!) Burke Devlin, Liz takes a call from Bill Malloy who has yet to find her in town. A short report leaves Liz back to pacing and Bill back to searching for the heiress and the monster Devlin. Bill checks The Blue Whale but to no avail. He does find Sam Evans and they play a game of cat and mouse. Sam finally convinces Bill to spill. Bill finds Sam's desperate interest very curious. (Sam's sloppy desperation is becoming tiresome and annoying to me.) Bill eventually finds the couple via Sam who stops by the diner to pick up Maggie. Bill notifies Liz. He lets her know that Carolyn is headed home, aware of Roger's accident and shaken by the news, suggesting she go easy on her. Not one smart enough to let sleeping dogs lie, Sam tries to ease Bill's curiosity in his interest in the accident but ends up back where he started - uneasy and defensive.

Carolyn & Joe set up shop in the diner to talk. Joe is clearly headed toward a breakup. (I'm all for that!) Carolyn doesn't quite catch on (I guess) and the two head to Collinwood after burgers with seemingly nothing resolved. For what it's worth, Carolyn does eventually relax into a more honest and sympathetic mood with Joe than is usual.

Liz greets the couple with relief. Carolyn leaves to check on her uncle. Liz pumps a reluctant Joe for info on the evening's events and Carolyn's behavior toward Burke. Joe tries to play it down. She accuses Burke of attempted murder just as Carolyn returns - Roger is gone. Liz has Joe check the garage. Liz tears into Carolyn about her immaturity and shenanigans regarding Burke. Joe returns - the garage is empty and Liz sends Joe home assuring him that they will be okay. Carolyn then gets the whole true story of Burke Devlin's relationship with the Collins family including tonight's accident. (That Carolyn had no clue about Burke having been in prison is beyond my comprehension.) Still, after all the gory details, Carolyn does not believe Burke could be responsible for Roger's accident. Liz warns her against siding with Burke.

Joe cleans up very nicely and looks absolutely delicious in his evening suit. What a f**king hunk! And Nancy looked as lovely as ever. Frank is growing on me this go 'round. He's a very good actor and handsome. Bill Malloy may even grow on me.
A lot of closeups in this episode!
Maggie wants to buy the diner!
Sam leaves The Blue Whale without finishing his drink!