Author Topic: Gothic series ‘Dark Shadows’ finds light in audio form  (Read 533 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Gothic series ‘Dark Shadows’ finds light in audio form
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 12:22:00 AM »
This is a nice piece, although there are errors. They assumed, wrongly, that Frid's appearance in "The Night Whispers" was the first audio appearance of Barnabas. Andrew Collins was in the first 4 debut CDs.

Also Joanna Going was born in Washington DC, as she said, but she spent most of her life in Newport Rhode Island, graduating from Rogers High School, a mile or so from Seaview "Collinwood" Terrace. I'm pretty sure she she moved there when she was a baby.

It's nice to see the audio series getting positive exposure. Thank you for sharing it.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 12:48:10 AM »
Coincidentally, I just found this podcast in which Joanna is interviewed. She talks a bit about her childhood, growing up first in Middletown, RI and moving to Newport when she was 8. She also discusses Seaview and running home from school to watch DS.

The Cowsills were also reputedly from Newport before they were famous, but to be technical, according to Susan they were originally from Middletown. But according to Susan she could and often did walk to Newport from her house. I spoke to her when she did a free concert at Kings Park in Newport a few years ago. I never knew they were actually not technically from Newport.

Here's a link to the interview with Joanna. https://podknife.com/podcasts/tv-guidance-counselor-podcast

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 01:05:30 AM »
Thanks for the link, The Doctor and K9.  [snow_smiley]