Author Topic: Midnite's Dark Shadows Website  (Read 1682 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Midnite's Dark Shadows Website
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2019, 09:15:18 PM »
Wow - I'd completely forgotten that Ashenrider was a minister. But I haven't forgotten that I loved to read his posts because he always had something interesting to say and often made fascinating points about our show...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2019, 12:04:07 AM »
He wrote this one really outrageous one about one of the 1967 episodes that was headlined something like "Grayson Hall--Hormel has nothing on her ham!" Even though I'm such a big fan of Grayson, I thought that was pretty funny.

G.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2019, 05:38:58 PM »
Gotta say, I never was on any of the boards mentioned in this post. Probably just before my internet time, and really my introduction to DS. I remember being on many Yahoo Groups about DS, and other shows as well, and boy there were plenty of trolls to go around on there. It always amazes me that no matter where you go there is always something going on with trolls, breaking of policy, etc that happens.

Currently I belong to a couple DS groups on Facebook, and on at least one of them there seems to be posting of reminders pertaining to rules/regulations of the group just about every week. Too much for me to keep track of, which is often why I remain an observer rather than a participant in many of the discussions. Especially because the discussions can devolve into out and out fights a majority of the time.

For this board, I remember being quite active around here in the early 2000s sometime when I first discovered it, and since then I've popped in an out as I've reengaged with the show several times over the years.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2019, 05:52:19 PM »
Like Brandon, I'm in several Facebook DS groups and, while I enjoy looking at the rare photos that continue to surface, I tend to avoid a lot of the discussions. One in particular came from some idiot who claimed that Grayson Hall is a dead ringer for Michael Jackson. And she was completely serious.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2019, 07:20:37 PM »
Ashenrider had a thing for Satan's Cheerleaders??!

Ashenrider/Pastor Jim did attend a Fest-- could have been the '99 in NYC, which would be why you haven't met him, patrickm.  We didn't have time to really talk until I got a call while dressing to attend a pre-banquet party... he and his lovely wife had checked out but were interested in dropping by the room before leaving the city.  So I had to choose between saying goodbye to them or making the party and I chose the former, which I don't regret because I never saw Jim again, though the fan throwing the party hasn't spoken to me since.  [hall2_sad]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2019, 10:56:15 PM »
The Satan's cheerleaders thing was one of Ashenrider's running gags. He had a great sense of humor.

I can't recall if we ever found out why we stopped hearing from him. There were a number of people who would suddenly just drop out of sight and never show up again. I figured out at some point that that's just what happens on "teh interwebs."

Best, G.