Author Topic: Dark Shadows Barnabas Collins Poster 1971 10" x 14" Metal Sign  (Read 839 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows Barnabas Collins Poster 1971 10" x 14" Metal Sign
« on: September 14, 2019, 08:44:16 PM »
Dark Shadows Barnabas Collins Poster 1971 10" x 14" Metal Sign

As you can see, back in the day these went for $2, with ads frequently appearing in Afternoon TV magazine. They want more than 10X that...

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Re: Dark Shadows Barnabas Collins Poster 1971 10" x 14" Metal Sign
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 01:28:00 PM »
This is a strange piece. I could see getting a metal sign made of the poster itself. But of the entire print advertisement? That is not something I would want.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 03:00:27 PM »
Something I find interesting, and it could just be that most of the time I don't pay attention to what's being offered on places like eBAY, but I've never seen one of those posters up for sale/auction. I'll confess that I never bought one back in the day - it just didn't interest me - and that's pretty shocking to me nowadays because the me from back then bought just about everything DS related that came out. But maybe they don't seem to pop up because, like me, few fans actually bought them. Or maybe they were of a quality that didn't survive very well. However, if either case is true and someone actually has one that's still in good condition, perhaps it could fetch a really good price if someone was interested in owning one today...

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 08:29:39 PM »
This is just so ... random. I mean, I could understand a metal version of the Barnabas poster. I could even understand a metal version of a poster-like advertisement. But a (faux antique) metal version of a magazine advertisement including the order form intended to be cut out and mailed ?!?