Author Topic: 'Certain Honorable Men': Epic Political Drama Now Missing (features Alexandra Moltke)  (Read 960 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
'Certain Honorable Men': Epic Political Drama Now Missing

I never saw this because I never saw any sort of advanced announcement that said Alexandra Moltke would be in it - I only learned of her appearance weeks after the fact when it was mentioned in various TV and daytime magazines. And I've always been disappointed that I didn't see it because I'm sure it would have been fascinating to see her play someone other than Vicki. And now it looks like those of us who never saw it never will see it...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I do remember reading about this at the time. There was a lot of focus on Alexandra using her married name for this project but still using Moltke for DS. I didn't see it though. It was, I think, a 90 minute show and aired past my bedtime. It was, after all, a school night.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I bet it was on after my bedtime, too.

IMDb lists the running time as 100 minutes, so that probably means it was on in a 2 hour slot. And speaking of IMDb, I love this drawing for the show:

Certain Honorable Men (1968)
(Be sure to click on it so that you can read what's written at the bottom.)

I've never seen it before today.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
My memory was that it was on a Thursday night and that it ran until 11 o'clock. I think that it only aired the one time because I would have tried to catch it if it aired during the summer. The drawing is definitely familiar. I'm sure that I saw it in one of the local TV newspaper supplements. There's at least one cast photo with Alexandra out there too.
Fade Away and Radiate