Author Topic: Semi OT: SCREAM BLACULA SCREAM (1973)  (Read 929 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Semi OT: SCREAM BLACULA SCREAM (1973)
« on: July 22, 2019, 12:50:35 AM »
Fans,

I'd never seen either of the early 70s Blacula films starring legendary Shakespearean actor William Marshall. Today I happened to notice that the second one, Scream, Blacula, Scream (which I think played on a double bill with Dr Phibes Rises Again in a lot of theaters), is available to view on youtube. Complete film here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99SS1PnW7Jk&list=WL&index=125&t=144s

It was a surprise to me how many nods there seem to be in this to DS, both the original show and hoDS, in particular.

Best, G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Semi OT: SCREAM BLACULA SCREAM (1973)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 12:55:23 AM »
It was a surprise to me how many nods there seem to be in this to DS, both the original show and hoDS, in particular.

Apparently it wasn't just DC who subscribed to the adage that if it worked once, it will work again.  [ghost_wink]

I've seen both Blacula films and enjoy both. In fact, both of them were on Comet TV not that long ago and I watched them both again at that time.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Semi OT: SCREAM BLACULA SCREAM (1973)
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 01:00:05 AM »
I see where Blacula is on COMET TV tonight/tomorrow morning at 12am ET. And it's followed by Scream, Blacula, Scream at 2am ET.

Like I said, they're worth watching if you've never seen them before. And as Gothick alluded, they definitely share things in common with DS...

Both will also be on COMET TV on the 30th at 2pm ET and 4pm ET, respectively...