Author Topic: DVDs Repackaged  (Read 1964 times)

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
DVDs Repackaged
« on: December 03, 2005, 05:44:27 PM »
At my local Walmart I noticed that they had DVD Collection 1 packaged in the slimmer keep-case they've been using since Collection 11 (and it was priced at $29.99!).

Hopefully it won't be long before all of the first 10 sets will be replenished using the new cases - I want my collection to look uniform, you know?

I'm a dork like that  [santa_cheesy]

"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: DVDs Repackaged
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 08:28:28 PM »
Welcome, fellow dork [santa_wink]

Enjoy!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 05:24:21 PM »
Hopefully it won't be long before all of the first 10 sets will be replenished using the new cases - I want my collection to look uniform, you know?

The first 10 sets WILL be repackaged like this.  Someone at MPI told me this about a year ago when I had to replace my first broken box.   [santa_smiley]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 01:52:52 AM »
The first 10 sets WILL be repackaged like this.  Someone at MPI told me this about a year ago when I had to replace my first broken box.   [santa_smiley]

Hopefully, replacement cases will be made available for current owners of the first ten sets so that we do not have to re-purchase the discs also.  $50.00 X 10 is not worth it just to have uniform boxes.
Hexagram # 51 - Chen (symbolizes the decisive moment when change is recognized)

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 02:24:13 AM »
In a different topic BuzzH said, that MPI had replaced her cases for her because they broke. She also said that maybe they would let you just buy the cases, if your cases hadn't broken. So you should probably contact MPI and ask.

Misa

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 03:59:37 PM »
Well, I splurged a few weeks back and bought ONE DVD set, #7 (it's the start of the Cassandra Collins storyline, to which I have a lot of sentimental attachment since my first DS was in the middle of that).

I noticed last weekend that the box won't close properly, and I've only had it a couple of weeks.  Is this what you mean by "broken boxes"?

I bought it through DDD; don't know whether MPI will send me one of the new ones.  I guess I will give it a shot.

G.

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 04:09:27 PM »
I've had a problem with the spines on the packaging. The sections become seperated from the spine. I did have one break on me, the back section wouldn't close, but I took that one back because the disc was loose in the case when I bought it.

I love the slim cases, so maybe I should call and see if I could switch out the cases, but I wouldn't know of a good way to get the cover inserts to fit into the slim cases.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 04:36:07 PM »
Hopefully, replacement cases will be made available for current owners of the first ten sets so that we do not have to re-purchase the discs also.  $50.00 X 10 is not worth it just to have uniform boxes.

If your cases all broke, like mine did, they should (they did for me anyway).  If you just want the uniformity of the same size boxes you'd have to buy the boxes (you wouldn't have to re-purchase the actual DVD's).  They are probably like 2 bucks each.  Don't know how they'd work the artwork, you might have to cut down what you got originally, I did and it looks great.   [santa_wink]
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 09:15:40 PM »
Excellent info BuzzH.  I'd love to have the slim cases too. Not as much for uniformity as space considerations...one of the reasons I wanted DVD's in the first place.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 10:18:33 PM »
Not as much for uniformity as space considerations...one of the reasons I wanted DVD's in the first place.

I hear ya, I moved recently and don't want to clutter up the new place like the old one was.  Want to consolidate some other tapes into DVD format.   [santa_grin]
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 10:55:23 PM »
I hear ya, I moved recently and don't want to clutter up the new place like the old one was.  Want to consolidate some other tapes into DVD format.   [santa_grin]
YES - my thoughts exactly! I did a lot of remodeling this summer and had a chance to rethink some of my old pack rat habits.  I do NOT want to go back to the Victorian clutter look I inadvertently had going on in a few places. I'm trying to selectively place things now and hope to do the same VHS-DVD transferring with my old home videos soon.  Of course, I will always have an easy to retrieve place of honor on my bookshelf for my treasured DS DVD's.  [santa_thumb]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad