Author Topic: Kelly Hu to be at Steel City Con  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Kelly Hu to be at Steel City Con
« on: August 09, 2019, 06:35:02 AM »
This weekend there will be Steel City Con at a Pittsburgh suburb.  It’s described as a comic con for fans of all things comics, toys, TV and film celebrities.  Probably one of the biggest names to be attending is George Takei.  Kelly Hu is also one of the celebrities, and the newspaper had an article about her.  Here’s a link to the article: 
https://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-radio/2019/08/07/Steel-City-Con-Monroeville-X-2-and-Arrow-star-Kelly-Hu/stories/201908050086

In case anyone is curious about the other celebrities (about half of them I’ve never heard of), they are:

Jason Isaacs, Ron Perlman, Ray Park, Lea Thompson, Karen Allen, Gates McFadden, Shawnee Smith, Costas Mandylor, Mark Rolston, Sean Patrick Flanery, Shirley Jones, Morgan Fairchild, Brian Tochi, Tobin Bell, Ernie Hudson, Steve Guttenberg, Theo Rossi, Tommy Flanagan, Ryan Hurst, Joe Pantoliano, Sean X-Pac Waltman, Honky Tonk Man, Kane Hodder, Sean Cunningham
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Kelly Hu to be at Steel City Con
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 03:24:27 PM »
Thanks so much for the link to the article, Josette.  [ghost_smiley]

One of the big reasons (there are many) I was disappointed that the '04 DS pilot wasn't picked up is because I was really curious to see what Kelly Hu would have done with Julia. But alas...

the other celebrities (about half of them I’ve never heard of)

Same here. We know we're getting old when we have no idea who half the celebrities are.  [ghost_wacko]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 05:33:57 PM »
When I was reading the article I saw where Hu was on Martial Law. That was a show I never watched and forgot even existed. But when I was just scanning my DVR to see what's on today, lo and behold Heroes & Icons apparently runs two eps of the series on Saturdays at 2 and 3pm ET. So guess what I'll be recording?  [ghost_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 11:38:31 PM »
Hmm - no surprise that a show called Martial Law utilized Kelly Hu's ow martial arts talents.  [ghost_nowink]

Who knows if the '04 DS had been picked up if there might have been a Nicholas Blair character somewhere along the way, but it might have been a hoot and a half if out of nowhere Julia suddenly displayed heretofore unknown karate skills and kicked Nicholas into the middle of next week when he went too far!!  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 07:01:21 AM »
Hmm - no surprise that a show called Martial Law utilized Kelly Hu's ow martial arts talents.  [ghost_nowink]

Who knows if the '04 DS had been picked up if there might have been a Nicholas Blair character somewhere along the way, but it might have been a hoot and a half if out of nowhere Julia suddenly displayed heretofore unknown karate skills and kicked Nicholas into the middle of next week when he went too far!!  [ghost_cheesy]

[ghost_grin] [ghost_grin]
Josette