Author Topic: Possible Tarrytown Event In October  (Read 3580 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Tarrytown Event In October
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2019, 09:00:03 PM »
The event is less than a month away and they're still dragging their heels about selling individual tickets. Friends have emailed them for further information and never received a response. That's never a good sign. I realize that this is their first event and that they want to make it a financial success but their lack of organization may well prevent any future events.
There's a lot of things to do in October, not just in Tarrytown. Thus far, there's been no real incentive for me (and possibly other fans) to attend this.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2019, 12:52:26 AM »
I see where some big announcement is supposed to be made at this event. Why do I have my doubts that it might not be as big as they claim? Oh, could it be that whenever big announcements were heralded for the Fests, few ever lived up to the hype? Or outright fizzled before even being announced? But maybe this time will be different. We can only hope...

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2019, 01:45:14 AM »
Maybe someone from the forum can report on the event. I don't plan on going myself. I had already made plans to go to a Deborah Harry talk/book signing just before this Tarrytown event and I have plans to attend Chiller Theatre at the end of October. I can only stretch finances so far
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2019, 02:13:24 AM »
If there really is a big announcement, I'm sure we'll hear. If we hear nothing, well...

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2019, 10:43:46 AM »
The "reality" show Four Weddings has filmed a few episodes there.  Maybe the venue is waiting for that.  It's important to determine what makes more money - selling overpriced DS and other stuff, or having brides vote over who had the best chicken or fish.

Gerard

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2019, 09:39:40 PM »
The Lyndhurst estate has long been the site of many expensive weddings. I don't know if there is anything scheduled for that weekend but it should not impact on the Tarrytown Film Festival. The Dark Shadows parts of the weekend will all be held at The Tarrytown Music Hall. The Music Hall is located in downtown Tarrytown.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2019, 04:00:44 AM »
For anyone going to the events at the Tarrytown Music Hall, if you're looking for a nice place to eat I can recommend Sweet Grass Grill, which is in the next block west (toward the river) on the other side of the street. I ate there one evening after visiting Lyndhurst in August a year ago, and it was wonderful.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2019, 03:08:32 PM »
I'm interested to find out what this special video presentation that they keep teasing is actually going to be. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a simple announcement that DS might be getting new life at the CW, so I'm not getting my hopes up.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2019, 06:50:11 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a simple announcement that DS might be getting new life at the CW

Like I said in the DS:R script topic, we should only be so lucky that the announcement might be that the CW has ordered the script to pilot. But it could just as easily be completely unrelated to DS:R. Given that Mary O'Leary is a guest, the announcement could just as easily be something like that KLS has written herself a one-woman stage show and Mary O'Leary will be producing it.

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2019, 06:57:39 PM »
Well, MB, to quote a line by Jean Kerr that Jonathan Frid was fond of, the snake would have all the lines 
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2019, 08:50:45 PM »
If you look at the announced timeline, HODS shown at 1pm followed by a panel at 2pm, maybe the announcement will be the premiere showing of the recently located never before seen very edited version of HODS.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2019, 09:23:05 PM »
 [pointing-up]  [ghost_cheesy]  Yes, THAT would be a very edited version!! [ghost_blink] Perhaps even as badly cut as the version CBS showed as part of the late night movie programming they used to have before they decided on late night talk shows...

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2019, 08:56:18 PM »
One of the surprises for the Tarrytown event has been revealed. Since it has been already been posted on Facebook, I don't think that it warrants a spoiler notice.
Attendees will get to hear the abbreviated version of The Legendary of Sleepy Hollow that Jonathan Frid recorded for MCI in 1991. Back then, you could call in on an 800 number and listen toll free. This has not been available since then and will be accompanied by a video montage.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2019, 09:53:29 PM »
One of the surprises for the Tarrytown event has been revealed. Since it has been already been posted on Facebook, I don't think that it warrants a spoiler notice.
Attendees will get to hear the abbreviated version of The Legendary of Sleepy Hollow that Jonathan Frid recorded for MCI in 1991. Back then, you could call in on an 800 number and listen toll free. This has not been available since then and will be accompanied by a video montage.
I'm going to preface this with a hope that it doesn't come off like I'm bragging. I suppose I am a little though. I've had this for years on an audio tape and posted it to my archive pages some time ago. It's been available for free download to all interested parties since then. The quality is very rough, and I'd love to upgrade it. I'm pasting a link to it and another to the page itself. I've posted this before, but hopefully someone might find something interesting on it. I had MCI back in the day, and my answering machine allowed me to record calls. I made several attempts, but this was the best I could do.
https://archive.org/details/07FridMCILegendOfSleepyHollow

https://archive.org/details/@the_doctor_and_k9

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2019, 10:34:59 PM »
Marvelous, Doctor and K9. Thank you!

My personal favorite item on your Archive pages is the incredible recording of Jonathan and Lara performing Poe's poem "The Bells" at some DS fan event. Probably tied for that are the early 1980s Shadowcon panels, especially the technical panel and another one that Ron Sproat participated in. The people on the panels actually still remembered specifics of what doing the show was like. It's such a service to fandom that you have made this material available.

Sincerely, Gothick