Author Topic: Sharon Smyth Lentz at The Blobfest  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Sharon Smyth Lentz at The Blobfest
« on: June 04, 2019, 04:34:27 PM »
If you happen to be anywhere near Phoenixville, Pennsylvania on July 12-14, our own Sharon Smyth Lentz will be making her first appearance at the annual Blobfest. For the uninitiated, the Blobfest is an annual event that pays tribute to the vintage schlock Steve McQueen classic The Blob. The movie was filmed in Phoenixville and most of the locations are still there. There will be a screening of the movie in the Colonial theatre which figures prominently in the movie. There will be all sorts of Blob related activities, including a parade of fire extinguishers!
Sharon will be there, along with the robot from Lost In Space and the very cool Marta Kristen.
thecolonialtheatre.com
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Sharon Smyth Lentz at The Blobfest
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 05:09:22 PM »
Not that I was looking to go - but if I wanted to attend I'd be disappointed right now because it's already sold out. Though there is a standby list should more seats be released.

Thanks for the heads up, Uncle Roger.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 09:12:10 PM »
If it was closer, I'd definitely want to go check it out. Hopefully, Sharon will post some pictures.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 01:15:57 AM »
My best friend lived in Phoenixville for a few years and when I went to visit, I would cardio-walk every morning past that theater.  He went with me, when we returned from a cruise to Bermuda, for one day at the 2003 DS Fest in Brooklyn.  The photos are buried somewhere here in the archives.

I've always loved The Blob.  It's not in the same sphere as The War of the Worlds, This Island Earth or Fantastic Planet (not even in the league of Godzilla, King of the Monsters) from that wonderful 1950's world of sci-fi, but it remain an incredibly working film.  Where else are you going to see Steve McQueen and Andy Taylor's girlfriend, Helen Krump, battle a human-eating glob of jello? 

Gerard