Author Topic: DVD Menu Screens  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DVD Menu Screens
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 10:36:37 PM »
Has anyone seen set # 21's menu, yet? I just picked it up today. It's different (and pretty nice). I love the waves.

Offline Bette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 01:53:38 AM »
Has anyone seen set # 21's menu, yet? I just picked it up today. It's different (and pretty nice). I love the waves.

I really like it, too. Gone is the trip through the mausoleum, and the menu comes up immediately, with nice new graphics. I really like the use of the color red on the menu screen. :D

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 02:40:58 AM »
The audio is pretty good too. Not as annoying as the previous one. I like the colors of the sky, and the waves crashing against the rocks. Very nicely done. The red-ish sky is pretty. :)

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2005, 09:55:27 AM »

Praise the Lord!

Thank you for the wonderful news - is it possible for someone to post a screen-grab here?
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2005, 11:10:21 PM »

Anyone noticing a trend here?  New menus every 10 sets.  As one of the "sameness" purists, I just hope that if the "Collector's Series" is released on DVD (which I'm pretty confident it will be), the box covers are not starkly different like they did with the VHS sets.  Maybe just add another line under the "Dark Shadows" title saying something like "Collector's Series," but keeping the overall design and colors the same.  Of course there should only be 6 (actually 5 4-discs sets plus 6 more episodes)  of these sets to cover all of the pre-Barnabas shows.
Hexagram # 51 - Chen (symbolizes the decisive moment when change is recognized)

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2005, 11:27:22 PM »
I have a feeling the pre-Barnabas episodes will feature different packaging. I don't know why, it's just a feeling.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2005, 04:52:33 AM »
As one of the "sameness" purists, I just hope that if the "Collector's Series" is released on DVD (which I'm pretty confident it will be), the box covers are not starkly different like they did with the VHS sets.

I agree - I don't even think they need the "Collector's Series" subtitle. It seems kinda redundant, I mean, isn't every set intended for collectors?.

But it would look nice if they printed Dark Shadows on the spine in blue, instead of red, for the pre-Barnabas sets.
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2005, 04:33:00 PM »
Anyone noticing a trend here?  New menus every 10 sets.  As one of the "sameness" purists, I just hope that if the "Collector's Series" is released on DVD (which I'm pretty confident it will be), the box covers are not starkly different like they did with the VHS sets.  Maybe just add another line under the "Dark Shadows" title saying something like "Collector's Series," but keeping the overall design and colors the same.

Maybe we should start a letter-writing campaine [sp?] to MPI to lobby for at least having the boxes look the same, be the same size/design?  What do you all think?
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 04:38:18 AM »
Maybe we should start a letter-writing campaine [sp?] to MPI to lobby for at least having the boxes look the same, be the same size/design?  What do you all think?

I whole-heartedly agree. Let's do it.

First, wel need to decide how strict our defintion of "the same" is.

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2005, 02:53:35 PM »
I just love the new "Widow's Hill" menu, although there's less SFX than in the previous one.  But with those crashing waves, it certainly captures the Gothic feel of DS to a T.  I can only guess what the menu will be for the pre-Barnabas episodes- a train approaching the Collinsport station, or perhaps the Old House.   BTW, instead of calling those shows  Collector's Series how about something like The First Year or In The Beginning?