Author Topic: The "Cannon" with both Mitchell Ryan and Kathleen Cody  (Read 479 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
The "Cannon" with both Mitchell Ryan and Kathleen Cody
« on: December 23, 2020, 06:35:36 AM »
I always forget that they are both in this episode.  It was on again last night.  I went to bed in the midst of it and don't remember how it works out!!  The two of them are the "bad guys."  Anyway, I checked it on imdb to see if I could get more info on the plot, and found one reviewer who had a lot of nice things to say about Mitch.  Here's the quote:

"Anyway, in this episode he has to struggle against an evil character, played one more time by the exquisite - and unfortunately so unknown - Mitch Ryan, whom he has already been against in other episode(s). I also find real pleasure to appreciate this actor's performances. I think of him in MONTE WALSH, that's where I discovered him. A great character for a great western. Ryan has an impressive physique, a perfect charismatic and tough, rough face. He should have been more enhanced in films or series. I would imagine him as a series lead character, so was Mike Connors in Mannix, for instance."
Josette

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Re: The "Cannon" with both Mitchell Ryan and Kathleen Cody
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 06:05:08 PM »
Josette, not sure how much of the plot you saw. Kathy's character was married to Ralph Meeker. Mitch was his business partner and having an affair with Kathy.  They conspired to killing him by pushing him overboard 50 miles from shore but they botched it. A month later he contacted Kathy by phone saying he would kill them both. So Mitch came up with the plan of having Kathy pose as his "daughter" and convincing Cannon she was being pursued by a psychotic man she met in Europe. He was to take her to a cabin for protection but was set up for killing Meeker ( Mitch got the job done for real this time.) Cannon was arrested but escaped and tracked them down to Mitch's boat. Of course Cannon got the drop on them with the help of a young black man who distracted them with his trumpet playing while he snuck on board.  Mitch was wounded by Cannon and the police showed up soon after and arrested them both. I do love Cannon and it was good to see DS alumni acting together, but with the age difference of Mitch and Kathy, it just had kind of a Ewwwww factor to it. It really did feel more like father/daughter. BTW, you can find the episode on you tube to fill in what you missed Josette.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 06:46:17 PM »
Whenever DS actors work together on something I always wonder if they ever compared notes about working on DS? Though Mitch and Kathy weren't on the show at the same time - and Mitch left before the show really fully embraced the supernatural and only did supernatural storylines. Their experiences acting on the show would have been pretty different. Though one thing they definitely could have compared notes on was working with David Henesy...

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 05:49:30 AM »
Thank you, Patrick.  I saw the whole thing the last 2 times, and this time I was up to the point where Cannon was arrested and they had escaped.  I sort of recalled and a review mentioned that he escaped, and of course I remember that he caught them, but I couldn't put together how any of that came about.  I do remember the trumpet scene, although I wouldn't have known it was from this one.
Josette