Author Topic: Already With the Computer ProbS  (Read 634 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Already With the Computer ProbS
« on: January 01, 2019, 11:32:02 PM »
Computer 1 week old; and, when my other one was dying-ish, I got used to doing alot on my phone.

So, last night, I click on Chrome, but I'm on bing, with bottom info/ads which you couldn't close (until you opened them, then 'x'ed out).

I gave my computer to my husband, told him to reset to factory defaults, blah blah.

I thought I did, I had to re-enter all my gmail accounts/passwords (I have 5 gmail accounts, can't stand yahoo).

But, even last night when I tried to go back, the stuff under the url/address bar are the EXACT ONES FROM MY OLD COMPUTER.
It wasn't this way before...I never linked it or synced it.

So, even though I read, and took screen shots of how to make bing go away, it's still there. Also, all my bookmarks, etc.
I've tried googling how to get rid of book marks, nada. Also, I followed the instructions on how to make bing go away, still there.

HELP

HELP

HELP

[bnghd]
What a Woman!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Already With the Computer ProbS
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 01:58:47 AM »
Patti, I'm no computer whiz (not in the least), but it sounds like the computer you purchased has some "factory" settings like bing (and I hate bing - it's a horrible thing; sorry for the pun).  You just might have to take it back to where you purchased it, tell them what you do or don't want, and either they fix it or give you a different one.

Gerard

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Already With the Computer ProbS
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 03:44:50 AM »
Gerard, thank you, but, if you Google it, they show you step-by-step how to get rid of bing (it's a terrible thing).
I took screen shots w/my phone, and followed, but no dice.
(Bing is a terrible thing, but it's not in the same solar system as

DELL

which rhymes with _ _ _ _

Patti
What a Woman!