Author Topic: Computer Defaults Affecting Log In  (Read 854 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Computer Defaults Affecting Log In
« on: November 25, 2018, 09:43:01 AM »
At one point yesterday I restarted the computer and Windows Defender Security Center had a red x.  I had it check for problems and it said my temporary Internet files had changed location.  Made no sense to me.  I told it to fix it and was taken to a page where I could reset Microsoft defaults.  So, I did that.

Well, apparently it reset other defaults as well, as today I discovered my default Browser and pdf program had been changed.  I hope I don't find anything else that matters!!

So now, when I went to my WordPerfect forum and then here, I had to log in again.  I can't imagine why my computer defaults would affect that, but it's the only reason I can think of that both sites suddenly didn't know me.
Josette

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Computer Defaults Affecting Log In
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 02:13:19 AM »
Josette, please see my thread below; I too have a RED triangle ! Not secure at the address line...

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 09:27:09 AM »
Patti, I didn't have any red triangle or security issues.  I'm guessing that part of re-setting defaults must have included deleting cookies.  I just couldn't figure out why I had to log in again to sites where I'm usually automatically logged in.
Josette

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 07:30:27 PM »
Actually, after here, ALL sites I went to had the 'not secure' (no red anything); I just put the https:// before the URLs.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 01:54:00 AM »
Anytime microsoft "updates" on my computer, I live in fear, loathing and terror as to what's now been screwed up.  This is why I often long for the era when communication was a rotary-dial phone as the only way to do things.  As much as it would urk me when my dad yammered about "da-good-ol'-days," at times I think he was right.

Gerard