Author Topic: Molly? Or Amy?  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Molly? Or Amy?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2005, 09:30:01 PM »
I think Bob Costello said that at a convention in the 80's. It was featured in The World of Dark Shadows around 1986 or 1987. He sad it was "Julius Hoffman" and a typo made it "Julia". He also made a mistake, at the same convention, by saying that it was Sheriff Patterson whose tombstone didn't have a first name.

Ah, OK - I remember the Julius vs. Julian thing. However, though it's very dangerous to do so (particularly in the DS universe  ;)), I've simply assumed Costello mixed up the names because Julius and Julian are so similar. And as far as some of his recollections being suspect, I seem to recall that he makes a few misstatements in his interview in the DS Files books. It's been a while since I've read them, but I definitely recall someone that I'm almost sure is Costello being asked about the pre-Barnabas supernatural elements on the show and talking about David playing with the ghost of a little girl who lived in the Old House attic, and quite clearly no such character existed on DS. Perhaps the person responding was confused about Sarah and thought she lived in the Old House attic - but Sarah was definitely post-Barnabas.

And while we're on the subject of misinformation, perhaps a PomPress book wasn't exactly the best source for me to cite earlier because, well, sadly, they're hardly the definitive sources that they should be, seen as they're riddled with inaccuracies.  ::)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Molly? Or Amy?
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 11:16:10 AM »
One of the early write-ups on Chris Pennock in 16 magazine called his character Derek instead of Jeb.
Fade Away and Radiate