Author Topic: Ep 80 Montage  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Ep 80 Montage
« on: October 14, 2005, 11:29:12 PM »
Who here knows MB put much effort and thought into the montage pic/ep 80 with Roger on  the loneeeeely beach....searching for the pen?

Very cool pic...such atmosphere...such penmanship! [hall2_grin]

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Ep 80 Montage
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 11:56:47 PM »
I love Big Lou's clenched jaw and narrowed eyes, knowing that no matter how brilliant his thespian artistry, he could never possiibly upstage THE Pen in the scene where Alex confronts him with it.

CLASSIC DS!  Sadly, after the "Introduction of the Pen" storyline, it was ALL downhill.

G.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 01:02:54 AM »
Who here knows MB put much effort and thought into the montage pic/ep 80 with Roger on  the loneeeeely beach....searching for the pen?

Very cool pic...such atmosphere...such penmanship! [hall2_grin]

I am enjoying ALL the montages that MB posts. There was one particular one of Roger scowling that I would love to frame.
Keep 'em coming, kid!

Janet
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 01:19:47 AM »
Actually, knowing it's THE pen, I re-looked at the marvelous picture.

Does anyone know where Louis was for this footage? (I'm ass-u-meing NY somewhere...) [hall2_rolleyes]

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 01:42:09 AM »
according to the d.s. almanac the exterior shots were filmed in newport,rhode island,scarborough,n.y.,tarrytown,n.y. and essex connecticut.so my guess would be that the shots of roger were in newport since that's right on the ocean.

the exterior shots were so cool i wish they had continued with them but apparently they became cost-ineffective.they did take some exterior shots of barnabas at the old house(the spratt mansion).they must have been strictly publicity stills since they never appear in any episodes.i read somewhere that this house burned to the ground in the late 1960's(probably shortly after the stills were taken). [hall2_sad]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 02:58:31 AM »

I agree.  The exterior sequences on early DS were wonderful.  It's a shame they stopped shooting them.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 03:33:53 AM »
I can see going all the way to Newport if you needed a mansion in the background.  But a shot of just Roger on the beach could have been obtained a whole lot closer to home in New York.

Actually, you could have even shot the mansions on the Gold Coast of Long Island.

It would be interesting to know how those location choices were made.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 04:14:02 AM »
according to the d.s. almanac the exterior shots were filmed in newport,rhode island,scarborough,n.y.,tarrytown,n.y. and essex connecticut.so my guess would be that the shots of roger were in newport since that's right on the ocean.

Very good.  Yes, that's Newport's Cliff Walk.  (Though the word "cliff" is used lightly.)  Have you visited Newport, mscbryk?  If not, I think you'd really enjoy a visit to the mansion.

i read somewhere that this house burned to the ground in the late 1960's(probably shortly after the stills were taken).

I've heard it was in 1969 or 1970.

Last year, a group of us tried to find what little is left of Spratt House but failed.  Like one of Bobubas' visits, it was nearly disastrous.  But one of these days I'm going to get back there (during a season with less brush, I hope) to finally locate it.