Author Topic: DECADES TV Network Presents 'Dark Shadows' Barnabas Episodes Starting Halloween Week  (Read 3171 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The fact that they'll be running DS isn't a surprise - but the way they'll be running 260 eps is because they've never done it the way they're going to be doing it:

DECADES TV Network Presents 'Dark Shadows' Barnabas Episodes Starting Halloween Week

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
We still have Decades here, so that is most cool.  I will get the word out to our club members. [blackbat]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
It would seem that only five episodes are being broadcast, one each evening. I think the numbers are 210 through 214. I guess if they're going to run a total of 260 episodes, this will go one for quite a while.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
We still have Decades here

Decades still hasn't found a new affiliate in my area. And if they still don't have one before this starts, well, it's not like I haven't already watched a lot of their other showings of DS. And if I actually feel like following along, I can always watch my DVDs. And anyone who doesn't have access to Decades but owns the DVDs of the eps being shown can also do the same...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It would seem that only five episodes are being broadcast, one each evening. I think the numbers are 210 through 214. I guess if they're going to run a total of 260 episodes, this will go one for quite a while.

I suppose we're going to have to wait until the October schedule gets posted to see what the daily plan is...

But if they show only five eps a week, that sort of run would last a full year.

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Would think this rates at least a mention from Shadowgram by now.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
This has no new info, but I'm posting it because of the rare Barnabas photo:

Celebrate Halloween with Decades TV & 260 Episodes of the Cult Gothic Soap DARK SHADOWS

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
This one actually features a promo for one of Decades' previous Weekend DS Binges:

Decades TV airs iconic gothic horror soap opera Dark Shadows

Given the dates, it would seem to be from 2017...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, it seems like not even SG knows if Decades will be showing just one ep a weeknight or more. Though the Decades Press Release does seem to imply that it's one ep, so maybe that's why SG doesn't mention how many there will be.

Unfortunately, Decades schedule still has nothing for the 29th - though that should be coming soon because at the moment the schedule does have listings through the 26th...

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Decades just posted its schedule for the 29th. It is true, they will be airing 1 episode a weeknight at midnight. Ironically, Dark Shadows will follow The Abbott and Costello Show. Talk about your odd couples...Bud and Lou and Barnabas and Willie. LOL.

On an unrelated note, Decades will be running a binge this weekend of the 1972 Ghost Story series...aka Circle of Fear. I've never seen it myself but have heard it is quite good. Will have to check it out.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
GHOST STORY/CIRCLE OF FEAR is a mixed bag--like many anthology shows (and most non-anthology shows). For me, the introductions by Sebastian Cabot are a highlight, but those were phased out after the first few weeks or months--can't remember how many were made with Sebastian.

Only 23 episodes were produced in total so when they say 42 shows, presumably some will be repeated.

I don't know if they make cuts and speed up some of the scenes, as has happened with other programs that ran around 52 minutes in the old hour slot from this period, when they get shown on such channels as DECADES. I guess if you have no other way of seeing it, it's better than nothing. At one time, I believe there were several episodes from GHOST STORY available on Youtube.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
This is on the Me TV site but seems to be promoting the start of DECADES broadcasting our show:

https://www.metv.com/lists/7-spellbinding-things-you-didnt-know-about-lara-parker-from-dark-shadows

There's a shot of Lara in the Burton/Depp film I do not recall having seen before. No doubt it's familiar to those of you who are fans of that thing.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
There's a shot of Lara in the Burton/Depp film I do not recall having seen before. No doubt it's familiar to those of you who are fans

Actually, no. I've seen several photos from the shooting of that sequence but I've never seen that one.

Thanks so much for providing the link.  [ghost_smiley]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Besides the Lara article, it's also nice to see that the first image you see when you go to Decades' Web site is this image promoting the new showings of DS:

(Click here for a 1060X555 version)