Author Topic: Most Evil Woman of ANY Century?  (Read 995 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Most Evil Woman of ANY Century?
« on: October 06, 2005, 03:20:45 PM »
A couple of days ago when the images from the Leona Eltridge episodes (from 1968) were up on the front page, I started a post about Leona and what a unique lady she is, but found myself making comments probably inappropriate to the tone of these boards.

I'll simply say now that I find myself intrigued by Leona, her hair, her clothing, her husky voice, and even her formidable chin (one of the shots selected by the MB certainly showed that chin off to find advantage).

Erica Fitz, the Actress who performed as Leona (and, I would think, the Ghost of Danielle Roget?) also played the Goddess Venus in a 1970 movie called Hercules Does New York.  I think a friend of mine owns this movie (he collects Herculesiana) and I'll have to borrow this just to get another look at that shapely being who incarnated "the most EEE-vil woman of the Eighteenth Century."

smiling beguilingly,

Gothick

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Most Evil Woman of ANY Century?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 01:19:00 AM »
i agree gothick that i was intrigued by this strange character too.i hated this part of the storyline but leona's few scenes mezmerized me.her delivery was so strange and flat.it also amused me that they decked out the "most evil woman of the 18th century" in this really bland and middle-class ohrbach's ensemble(complete with chiffon scarf of course).

like suki forbes ms.eltridge was one of those two or three episode characters that stayed with me. [hall2_rolleyes]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 03:36:44 AM »
Leona was the bees knees!  It would've been great to have seen her earn the title of "most evil woman of the 18th century."
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 04:28:46 PM »
Quote from: mscbryk
like suki forbes ms.eltridge was one of those two or three episode characters that stayed with me

That's *exactly* the way I feel about Buzz!  He was only in 4 episodes, but he's one of my favorite supporting characters!
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline D_Friedlander

• Full Poster
  • The REAL Wyndcliffe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 10:14:34 PM »
i agree gothick that i was intrigued by this strange character too.i hated this part of the storyline but leona's few scenes mezmerized me.her delivery was so strange and flat.it also amused me that they decked out the "most evil woman of the 18th century" in this really bland and middle-class ohrbach's ensemble(complete with chiffon scarf of course).

[spoiler]"Leona" claimed to be dying, and asked to partake in a process that would hasten her death, or at least cancel the life she was presumed to have been living.  I'm not sure how anyone in that situation would sound, but probably not very enthusiastic.  More desperate perhaps, though if she REALLY was dying, the others would have assumed that she might have be under the influence of tranquilizers which would have made her seem calmer than you'd expect. [/spoiler]
And regarding her clothing, if (asssuming they could get away with this on the show) she came to the door dressed in a leather dominatrix costume [hall2_shocked], maybe Barnabas would have let her in  [love10], but not JULIA [angryf]

"HISTORY IS ULTIMATELY AN INVENTORY OF GHOSTS."-----
GUILLERMO DEL TORO