Author Topic: Kelly Hu at Chiller Theatre  (Read 446 times)

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Kelly Hu at Chiller Theatre
« on: July 23, 2018, 05:24:27 PM »
Kelly Hu, who played Julia Hoffman in the 2004 pilot, has been added to the guest list for the Halloween Chiller Theatre in Parsippany, New Jersey from October 26-28. I met Kelly at a similar show a few years ago and found her to be charming, friendly and a great convention presence.  chillertheatre.com
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Kelly Hu at Chiller Theatre
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 05:39:03 PM »
Very nice to read that you had such a positive experience with her, Uncle Roger.

One of the reasons I was really disappointed that the '04 pilot never moved forward was because I was very curious to see how Kelly Hu would have played Julia and how her Julia would have been opposite Alec Newman's Barnabas. When we saw the pilot, we certainly got to see her in intense doctor mode, which she had down pat - but, alas, Julia never got to share a scene with Barnabas...

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 05:55:02 PM »
You weren't alone in that, MB. Kelly only worked on the show for a few days but was promised that she would have a lot more to do if it went to a series. She was a little surprised that I had seen the pilot; as far as she knew it was junked like any other unsold series. But she was perfectly amenable to talking about it. Alas, she didn't have any Julia pictures available for sale but she did add Dr. Hoffman when she signed my picture.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 06:07:39 PM »
Kelly was cast late in shooting and at least one Julia scene was never shot because they ran out of time. But it wasn't with Barnabas. If I recall correctly, I think it was with Carolyn and Joe - but I'd have to check the script to be sure...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 04:54:54 PM »
 [pointing-up] The never shot scene with Julia, Joe and Carolyn begins today in the pilot's slideshow atop the Current Talk board...