Author Topic: John Karlen in "Daughters of Darkness"  (Read 382 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
John Karlen in "Daughters of Darkness"
« on: July 22, 2018, 07:34:17 AM »
A few days ago I learned that Epix was going to be free this week.  I started looking to see what they had to offer to try to see as much as I could.  I was mostly thinking of recent movies, but they have a lot of old ones.  As I was going through the listings, i came across "Daughters of Darkness"!!  So, I watched it tonight.

I knew nothing about it, except for Karlen being in it.  I was expecting something not too good, but it would be interesting to see him.  I was surprised by it and found it rather good.  The atmosphere and the way it was filmed was very interesting.
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: John Karlen in "Daughters of Darkness"
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 05:37:37 PM »
Yes, Daughters of Darkness is really quite good. Plus Karlen fans get to see more of him than they might have otherwise ever imagined.  [ghost_grin]

People might want to check out these other topics (unfortunately though, a couple links in them no longer work):

Daughters of Darkness DVD Review

Daughters of Darkness Unleashed on Blu-ray
(In this topic I shared a newspaper ad for the film and a controversial comment Karlen made in 1971 about DS.)

A Great Review Of Daughters Of Darkness

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: John Karlen in "Daughters of Darkness"
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 06:47:29 PM »
I remember back in the earlier days of the festival, they would show Daughters of Darkness in the video room. And kids did wander in quite a bit.
Fade Away and Radiate