Author Topic: Joel Crothers in EDGE OF NIGHT  (Read 2011 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Joel Crothers in EDGE OF NIGHT
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 07:35:14 PM »
I am glad you enjoyed the article. I have only read a bit of it. For anyone who cares (I doubt anyone other than you or I will look at it, but who knows), if you continue scrolling through the very long article, there are some Not Safe for the Workplace photos, mostly featuring naked Dennis Parker, who was a gorgeous man, but there's at least a little female nudity as well, I think.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Sharon Gabet or the other actors you mentioned. The only soap operas I ever watched were DARK SHADOWS and STRANGE PARADISE. I'm on episode 165 of SP now, and have really been enjoying finally watching the last storyline which lasted the final 13 weeks of the show. I had seen most of it back in the 1990s thanks to a friend's kindness, but watched tapes out of order and in a rather spotty, undisciplined way.

Best, G.

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2018, 07:51:53 PM »
Lois Kibbee was the niece of character actor Guy Kibbee. She did mostly theatre and soaps, though she appear in the movie Caddyshack. She has a slight connection to DS, in that she coauthored The Bennett Playbill. She had also worked with Joel on Somerset. Her character on Somerset was the mother of a character played by Christopher Pennock and was married to a character played by the actor who had played Bill Malloy.

The soap world is a small one and just a little bit incestuous.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 09:08:04 PM »
Here's a clip with Dennis and Sharon from EDGE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSL1VlGa2sI

He really was a beauty.

G.

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2018, 01:27:06 AM »
I've always thought that the actor who played Mike Carr on EDGE appeared as an extra in the party scene in HODS.  At least it looks like him...

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2018, 11:06:34 AM »
i used to love EON. it wasn't "supernatural" in any way but it had a darker, more sinister tone than other soaps.

like a lot of soaps in the late 70s/early 80s it got moved around and dropped by local "affiliates" making it harder and harder to find until it was eventually cancelled.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2018, 06:45:31 PM »
like a lot of soaps in the late 70s/early 80s it got moved around and dropped by local "affiliates" making it harder and harder to find until it was eventually cancelled.

EON was one of my favorite soaps because I love a good mystery and EON had several over the years. I was really pissed when it was taken off in my area quite a while before it went off so I have no idea how the final few plots played or how things finally wrapped up.

Online Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2018, 08:57:13 PM »
MB, if you go to Sharon Rose Gabet's Facebook page, you'll find a lot of day by day postings regarding the last days of EON. Sharon and the late Larkin Malloy participated in the discussions. The show had changed headwriters and they were very frank about the stories being inferior to those that Henry Slesar came up with.
A few of the other actors chimed in as well. And there was fairly good behind the scenes dish as well.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2018, 11:32:33 PM »
there was a character named "Schuyler Whitney (aka 'Sky')" whose name i was so smitten with i claimed it and my own middle name (Sean in reality) all through high school.  [ghost_rolleyes]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2018, 02:47:44 AM »
I vaguely remember Lois being on during the Adam and Nicole storyline back in the Dark Shadows days...but I remember her more as Ted Knights wife in Caddyshack. She was a hoot.

Online Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2018, 03:42:05 AM »
Lois wrote for Edge of Night for a period. I believe that Slesar was the one who plotted long term story and Lois was one of several writers who turned out the daily scripts. She also wrote some scripts for the CBS soap Capitol when Slesar was the head writer there.
Fade Away and Radiate