Author Topic: Marie Wallace as India Delaney  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Marie Wallace as India Delaney
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 08:17:21 PM »
Another DS/Somerset related bit: had the show continued, there was talk of reviving the character of Leo Kurtz, Ginger Cooper's father, with possibly casting Jonathan Frid in the part. The show was cancelled before that could happen and that may have been just a rumor started by someone in the soap press. No idea if Jonathan was ever approached or whether he would have accepted.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 08:32:10 PM »
That's an interesting rumor. It seems as if Jonathan spent quite a bit of time in Mexico at some point in the Seventies, though I have no idea of the chronology. I think he was in NYC in '73, though. People who have copies of the Malia Howard biography (which was reprinted a couple of years ago) might know. Her focus was his career, not anything in his life that didn't involve the career, so I have no idea.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2018, 01:21:34 AM »
She told me that Georgann Johnson, who played her Donna Reed type sister, was quite a demanding shrew offstage.

I see today where Georgann Johnson has passed away at 91. But what I find odd is that while her soap credits for The Doctors, Another World, All My Children and As the World Turns are all listed in the obit I saw, there's no mention whatsoever of Somerset. Or maybe it's not odd or even surprising...

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2018, 01:41:52 PM »
It's possible that since the shows were known as Another World/Bay City and Another World/Somerset for some time, the person writing the obituary didn't look any further than the Another World title.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 06:03:22 PM »
I actually did think of that but dismissed it only because when I checked her credits online (IMDb, Wikipedia, etc.) the shows aren't listed that way. In fact, Another World isn't even listed on some sites yet Somerset is. Go figure...

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2018, 07:20:52 PM »
Just plain bad research then. I remember about 25 years ago when both Variety and The New York Times published an obituary of an actress named Edwina Lewis, listing a bunch of credits, including a run on One Life to Live, under her original name, Margaret Klenck. Klenck played a character named Edwina Lewis on OLTL and never acted under another name. Furthermore, she wasn't dead. And the Edwina Lewis who did actually pass away was black.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2018, 07:43:52 PM »
I loved Margaret Klenck/Edwina on OLTL. She and Gerald Anthony/Marco made for quite the interesting pair. I was quite upset when she left even though it was her decision to pursue a psychology career.

I wonder who actually had the longer hair, Klenck or Terry Crawford. Not that we ever actually saw Crawford with her hair down on DS, but back in the day there were plenty of photos of her from real life that showed how long it was. I bet Edith Tilles and Co. loved having all that real hair to come up with Beth's various dos...

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2018, 05:47:08 AM »
Just plain bad research then.

There was also the NODS VHS tape that said that "In the 19th Century a woman named Lara Parker was hanged as a witch."  http://vhscollector.com/movie/night-dark-shadows