Author Topic: "Dorothy Does Dark Shadows"???  (Read 890 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
"Dorothy Does Dark Shadows"???
« on: September 01, 2005, 07:53:14 PM »
I just came across this on the RelishNow Web site:

AMAZONIAN ANTICS: Beware evildoers everywhere! (Or at least those evildoers who live in Kernersville.) Mike Beane and his Amazon Avengers are coming to The Garage for "Mike Beane's Birthday Bash" at 8 p.m. Friday. Beane, a filmmaker who lives in Kernersville, created the Amazon Avengers films, in which a group of spunky superheroes fights the forces of evil. Beane's low-budget films - which include such titles as Johnny Dread: Hellfighter, Horror of the Heliporter and Dorothy Does Dark Shadows - tend to star his friends and family members, some of whom will be on hand for the birthday bash. In addition to the screenings of the Amazon Avengers films, there will also be a performance by local band Velvet, which has contributed songs to some of Beane's films. The Garage is at 110 W. Seventh St. Admission is $5. For more information, call 777-1127.

Dorothy Does Dark Shadows? Can you just imagine what that film *might* be like IF it's about our DS?!  :o  ;D  Unfortunately, though, I can't seem to locate any info detailing what the film is actually about.  :(  Perhaps more info will eventually surface on The Garage Web site...

ClaudeNorth

Re: "Dorothy Does Dark Shadows"???
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 09:04:44 PM »
A few possibilities:

Dorothy Gale of Kansas is caught up in a tornado and lands not in Oz, but in Collinsport, where her house lands on Alexis, Wicked Witch of the East.  Naturally, her sister Angelique is none too pleased...

Journalist Dorothy Kilgallen arrives in Collinsport to do a story on the Collins family and finds out far more than she ever expected or hoped to...

In this spin-off from THE GOLDEN GIRLS, concurrent with THE GOLDEN PALACE, Dorothy Zbornak (Bea Arthur) leaves Miami to accept a job as a live-in tutor for a 9-year-old boy on a Maine estate.  Seems that the child is quite a handful, and the family feels that a teacher with an imposing physical presence is just what the doctor ordered...

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 02:30:19 AM »
And to think, all this time, whenever Angelique would do one of her dastardly deeds, all they had to do was toss a bucket of water on her.

Gerard

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 05:40:40 AM »
I personally think it's a naughty film where a lady named Dorothy comes to Collinwood and well visits the various characters room to room so to say.  Then, the sequel will be in the Old House.  Another yet at the Collinsport Inn.  Some characters could also be not too human if you know what I mean.  ;)

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 01:27:56 AM »
Dorothy could make Barnabas forget all about Josette... Willie would not be so concerned with Maggie. Professor Stokes would not be as concerned about the occult..Nicholas would have a real good reason for getting sent to hell...Jeff Clark could really touch someone elses hair.  Adam would be smiling a lot more.  Dr. Hoffman wouldnt be so concerned with Barny..Roger.....well Roger would still be Roger......Liz would find the cottage irresistable after 20 years of being couped up...Madame Finley would not be looking for Quentins ghost.  Braithwaite would look 190 instead of 90...Vicki would undestand a lot more.  Sam Evans would never have gone blind.....................
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.