Author Topic: Dark Shadows on Through the Decades  (Read 836 times)

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Dark Shadows on Through the Decades
« on: October 31, 2017, 04:05:46 AM »
Tomorrow on Decades, Dark Shadows will be featured on their show Through the Decades. It airs  multiple times at 7am, 1pm, 7pm and 10pm Eastern.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows on Through the Decades
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 05:01:21 AM »
I wonder if it will be the same segment they've already shown 3 times or if it will be something new?

But either way, thanks for the heads up patrick - especially considering that Decades is adding new outlets all the time, so even if it's the same one, I'm sure there are still fans who've never seen it...

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 07:09:20 AM »
I imagine it would be the same thing, but now that I know about it, I better record it just in case - thanks for the notice!!
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 04:09:35 PM »
I just watched a recording of it from this morning and it's the same, though I'd swear it's a shorter version from the first showing.

The only thing that might be new is the trivia question afterward. I'd never seen that - but maybe it was on a previous showing and I just didn't hang around long enough to see it...

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 09:08:24 AM »
I watched the Decades “Dark Shadows” segment tonight.  I had forgotten exactly what they showed.  It’s a pretty good summary, but I’m disappointed in some of the little bits that are shown.

In the same program they had a segment on the original “Night of the Living Dead.”  It was made in this area, so there’s always been a special connection to it.  Bill Cardille, who hosted our “Chiller Theater” with 2 horror films every Saturday night, and was known as “Chilly Billy,” (had also hosted Studio Wrestling, later did some news casting, hosted the Jerry Lewis Telethon) had a bit as a reporter in it.  It’s been quite a while since I’ve seen it, but I think he’s the one out in the field interviewing people.

The sequels were also made here.  The first, “Dawn of the Dead,” was done at a nearby suburban mall, the closest one to me and the one I’m most familiar with.  There were stories on the news about them filming every night after the mall closed.

The next one, “Day of the Dead,” had Lori Cardille, who had become an actress, and is the daughter of “Chilly Billy.”

George Romero had gone to Carnegie Mellon University and did many of his films locally, but later I think it became too costly and I think he later did them in Canada.
Josette

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 04:04:50 PM »
Lori Cardille was on Edge of Night. She was the first actress to play the part of Winter Austin. Her time on the show overlaps with Joel Crothers but I can't recall if they had any scenes together.
My Pittsburgh friends are neighbors of hers and know the family fairly well
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 07:48:17 AM »
My Pittsburgh friends are neighbors of hers and know the family fairly well

How interesting!   [hall2_smiley]
Josette