Author Topic: The August 7th Episodes  (Read 794 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
The August 7th Episodes
« on: August 08, 2005, 07:48:45 PM »
Greetings fans,

Since I was again offline for most of the last three days, I am very glad I got to see the images selected by MB to mark the August 7 anniversary.  As fans of the Divine Grayson Hall will recall, this year marks the 20th anniversary of the date when we lost our lovely lady to the ultimate Dark Shadow--the scythe wielded by the Reaping Crone of Death.  It's a very sad memorial for Grayson's fans, but these images are a fitting testimony to the artistic legacy she left, which includes many of her performances on Dark Shadows.

I particularly love the shots darling Mysterioso chose for the "front page" today--that's meant to be a grimace on "Miss" Hoffman's face but he caught it just at the moment when it looks more as if she is enjoying a romantic moment at the thought of "Mr Collins'" visit to her bedchamber--certainly a nice touch of foreshadowing here!

I also LOVE the shot of Julia and Barnabas from the Summer of 1970.  It just captures the later phase of the two characters' relationship so well.

Not related to Grayson, but I have to say that I enjoy that picture of Quentin from '70 wearing THAT tie, too!

Thanks again to our cuddly, charming, cyberific Mysterious Benefactor for these treats!

G.

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
Re: The August 7th Episodes
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 08:59:47 PM »
I love the Summer of 1970 storyline:  as goofy and unrealistic as it can be at times and despite the absence of Louis Edmonds and Lara Parker, I find it to be one of my most favourite arcs on DS.  "Utter despair" or "futility" could be keywords to the whole thing--although Barnabas and Julia *know* what will happen, they seemingly can do nothing to prevent it.  By the way, when will the "picnic" episode air (if it hasn't done so already)?  You know, the one when Maggie, Quentin, and the children take a normal, mundane picnic outdoors?  I have a fondness for that episode:  it's an almost final touch of normalcy amidst all the fantastical happenings at Collinwood.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 10:56:20 PM »
I second that emotion, Gothick dahling.   :-*

These past few days, the pics have had me sniffling and smiling at the same time - awesome job, MB!! Thanks!   :-*

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 09:54:25 PM »
By the way, when will the "picnic" episode air

I think that one is coming up on August 11th.  :)