Author Topic: The July 1st Episodes  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
The July 1st Episodes
« on: July 02, 2005, 02:42:41 AM »
I was wondering about the caption on the one 1966 picture:  "Carolyn tells Vicki about her mother."

What is she telling her?  Is it just about her not leaving Collinwood for 18 years?  I thought she had already been told about that.
Josette

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
Re: The July 1st Episodes
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 03:02:48 AM »
Wow, I didn't know the Josette character was introduced this early in the show.  I really do need to watch the pre-Barnabas episodes.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 04:26:07 AM »
Is it just about her not leaving Collinwood for 18 years?

Yes, that, and that it coincides with her father's departure, and Carolyn surmises that it's in case he should return.

I thought she had already been told about that.

At this point, Vicki has been told that she's the first stranger in the house in 18 years, but I believe she's hearing for the first time that Liz stayed put during that entire time.  The audience, however, has already learned it from other characters.

BTW, MB has provided links in the history area that coincide with each of the day's highlighted episodes and will take you directly to the Robservation.  I highly recommend using the links because finding those summaries at a later date will pose a bit of a challenge.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 07:26:12 AM »
BTW, MB has provided links in the history area that coincide with each of the day's highlighted episodes and will take you directly to the Robservation.  I highly recommend using the links because finding those summaries at a later date will pose a bit of a challenge.

Thank you, Midnite, for the additional information.  Is that what that little box is at the top with a caption from each year?  I had been wondering about that!  Why will it be a challenge to find them later?
Josette

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 07:55:45 AM »
You're welcome!

Is that what that little box is at the top with a caption from each year?  I had been wondering about that!

Yes.  MB explains the history box here:
Today In DS History

Why will it be a challenge to find them later?

Currently, the system arranges topics in the listings by date of the last post in the topic.  So to locate a particular Robservation, if you don't know its title or the date of the last post in the thread, your choices are to search for it by episode number, to search for words or phrases in the post, or by clicking around the pages.  But fortunately, MB provides new links daily.  :D

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 04:20:04 PM »
the link from the slide-show to the robservation is great!thanks mb! :)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.