Author Topic: DS Fest 2006  (Read 2787 times)

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
DS Fest 2006
« on: August 02, 2005, 07:36:32 AM »
The dates for the Dark Shadows Festival 2006 were announced.  They are August 25, 26, and 27, 2006.  It will be at the Brooklyn Marriott located at 333 Adams Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201 (718) 246-7000.

I hope to see you all there!

ClaudeNorth

Re: DS Fest 2006
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 07:42:04 AM »
Well, that put a smile on my face.   ;D

I can't imagine not being able to make it next year.  I'm still feeling a bit bummed about missing this year's Fest.

Thanks for the update!

John

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 08:03:46 AM »
Well, that put a smile on my face. ;D

Mine too...

Thanks  :)

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 12:54:42 PM »
I'm going to be struggling to go with those dates....I was thinking it would be in late July like the previous ones....I'll probably be starting school around that time which is going to make it difficult for me. I'll have to try and come up with a solution, because I'm dead set on going next year too.

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 01:23:58 PM »
Thank God it's going back to NYC for the 40th Anniversary.  As a Staten islander, the Brooklyn location is even more suitable than the Marrriot Marquis in Manhattan.

I hope that for the Anniversary, at least one of these DSF holdouts will finally show up:

Alexandra Moltke
David Henesy
Kate Jackson
Sam Hall
Dan Curtis

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 01:45:11 PM »
I am looking forward to attending next year's fest. Tomorrow when I go back to work I will mark those dates down for vacation. I could kick myself for missing this years but due to a family wedding, moving our office and a Springsteen show this past weekend, I had to miss out. :'(
I missed everyone terribly and look forward to hearing lots of reports and seeing lots of pictures! :)
Take care and I hope all had a safe trip back home.
Teresa
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 01:52:53 PM »
wow those dates work for me as i always go on vacation last  two weeks in july scary thought 2006 though!

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 05:29:38 PM »

Thanks for posting the dates Victoriawinters!  Barring any unforseen obstacles, I hope to make it to the 40th anniversary Fest. 
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 10:06:15 PM »
Hi Victoria thanks so much for the info I'll be there for sure next yr with Bells on!
                                 Love Anne  ( Can't Wait to Meet The Q-man!!!
:P
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 12:03:43 AM »
yay!!!the brooklyn marriott was the location of my first fest two years ago...and it's within walking distance from my apartment :).
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 04:24:31 AM »
I have not been to a Fest since 1993, but I might consider going to the NY fest next August IF:

Jim Pierson's invited guest list of actors includes some of the less-prominent players, like Terry Crawford, Kathy Cody, Denise Nickerson, Lisa Richards and Donna Wandrey, plus maybe Michael Maitland and a few others who are no longer in show business. . .it would be nice to hear from them.  And whatever falling-out there was with Jon Frid should be mended and he should be encouraged and paid--if necessary--to attend.

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 05:04:29 AM »
Jim Pierson's invited guest list of actors includes some of the less-prominent players, like Terry Crawford, Kathy Cody, Denise Nickerson, Lisa Richards and Donna Wandrey, plus maybe Michael Maitland and a few others who are no longer in show business. . .it would be nice to hear from them.  And whatever falling-out there was with Jon Frid should be mended and he should be encouraged and paid--if necessary--to attend.

I have a feeling all the stops will be put out for this one.  Kathy Cody was invited to the current one and could not make it due to emergency surgery.  Denise Nickerson was at the 2004 Festival in Tarrytown.  Lisa Richards, Terry Crawford and Donna Wandrey were both at the 2003 Fest.  Donna Wandrey rocked the house in Return to Collinwood and you missed it!

I hope Jonathan comes as well.

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2005, 10:45:41 PM »
Thank God it's going back to NYC for the 40th Anniversary.  As a Staten islander, the Brooklyn location is even more suitable than the Marrriot Marquis in Manhattan. 

I hope that for the Anniversary, at least one of these DSF holdouts will finally show up:

Alexandra Moltke
David Henesy
Kate Jackson
Sam Hall
Dan Curtis
Here! Here! I like NYC too because I can drive up (from Virginia, s' not too bad) and that's much easier than toting all those collectible purchases through the airport these days!  ;D Diane and I will almost certainly be there, it would have to be someting pretty extreme to keep us away. And next year, I hope to see you, Charles Ellis, there too. You are always entertaining, you superfan!. Its only you and KLS who keep Johnny Karlen straight.  ;)

Michael
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2005, 05:31:19 AM »
Diane and I will almost certainly be there, it would have to be someting pretty extreme to keep us away. And next year, I hope to see you, Charles Ellis, there too. You are always entertaining, you superfan!. Its only you and KLS who keep Johnny Karlen straight.  ;)

It was great meeting Diane and you at the Banquet table.  I will certainly look forward to seeing you in NY.

I like John Karlen when he's wacky.  I was messing with him in the autograph line and I think we totally cracked up Jerry Lacy who was next to him.  So, don't straighten out JK too much. 

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2005, 06:23:23 AM »
By the way, is the Brooklyn Marriott taking reservations yet?  If so, what are the rates and is there a special code to give when making reservations?