Author Topic: festival site from 2002  (Read 1134 times)

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
festival site from 2002
« on: July 24, 2005, 09:48:24 PM »
http://community-2.webtv.net/jttvx/DARKSHADOWS2002/
have not posted here in a longtime. wanted to let u all know that i will be removing the site i made for the 2002 ds festival. this is to make room for 1 i plan to make for next weeks 2005 convention. so take a last look. re-live the horror of KURT WEBBER screaming at KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT! i do have the entire event and many others on video if u wanna email me for info. see you at the festival. the link above should take you directly to the festival page which will be taken down on thursday,7/28/05. if not theres a link in my other webpage, http://surf.to/darkshadowsphotos

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: festival site from 2002
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 01:18:31 AM »
Both links are working now.  See you soon.

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 02:40:06 AM »
re-live the horror of KURT WEBBER screaming at KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT!

I'm probably going to regret posting this, but I think that's in alarmingly poor taste.  If watching a disabled man involved in a embarassing and ultimately vulnerable incident gives you amusement, I think you need to get out and see more of the world.

End of criticism.
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 04:27:15 AM »
Thanks for posting the link, Joe.  I hadn't seen these photos and it brought back fond memories of the festival.  It must have been the one in Anaheim although that wasn't mentioned.

Nice shots of Robert Rodan, among others.

I wish I had appreciated Dennis Patrick more when he was still alive; it was only in reading about him after his death that I felt I had overlooked a good actor and a very good man.

And how did I completely miss Marie Wallace doing a scene from "Plaza Suite"?  I don't remember even hearing about that!

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 02:27:04 AM »
I also wanted to say that I think that pitching a fest video or site on the basis of the content relating to a man who is clearly disabled is a turn off. Yes, it was an unfortunate incident, but it's hardly worth reliving. Frankly, I found the snickering, whistling, and yelling from the audience members to be far more offensive than the behavior the man exhibited. This is DS fans at their worst.

KLS handled the situation with a great deal of poise. Unfortunately, she mentioned the man's name, and I doubt at the time that she thought it would live in infamy online or she wouldn't have done it. Children are afforded a degree of privacy and protection on the Internet. It stands to reason that an individual whose mental capacity is equivalent to that of a minor should also be afforded the same respect and protections.

It's sad that we're even having this discussion three years after the fact. I, for one, will be happy to see this material finally removed from the web.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)